Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen previous posts that address the removal of door panels for speaker replacement. The posts indicate that if you remove the decorative white plastic piece and the bolt behind it , you are able to remove the door panel. I also removed the bolt near the window control. After removing these two bolts, I am unable to remove the door panel. Is there another bolt near the door handle or somewhere else that needs to be removed prior to being able to remove the door panel?

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV / 2014 Spark EV / 2020 Tesla Model Y
135 Posts
I have an LT and there is no need to remove the white trim. One bold is under a plug at the bottom of the hand grip and there is a bolt hidden behind the latch. The latter is covered by a thin plastic cover that is easily pried out with a small flathead screwdriver. My photos while working on mine are blurry - sorry, but I have marked up one for the handle. The latch is a quick movie. I'll post that in a minute...

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
After those two bolts are removed, give the bottom of the door panel a strong yank to pop the plastic retainers. If you're willing to work on your back, you can leave the top of the door attached and reach under the dangling panel to remove the old driver and pop in the new one.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Could you get enough room to work in there to install some dynamat in the doors? If not, how do you get the whole door card off?

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you want dynamat over top of the factory vapor sheet, sure. If you want to put it inside the door, opposite the driver -- probably not. I didn't completely remove the panels, so someone else will need to speak to that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts