Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've found that the door seals on the trailing edge of both front doors don't like to stay in their channel. I've reseated the seal in the channel as best I can, but the top never really stays put due to the 90° bend at the top of the frame. It just pops back out. The two portrait pics show this issue (if you can see the filenames - 4646 & 4647). Have yet to speak to the dealer. Seems like the foot of the seal is just a bit too small.

So I decided to check the other seals and noticed an anchor not seated correctly on the drivers side rear door. The landscape pic (4648). You can just see the little blue anchor that I've pushed home. Seems to be staying put - will check after some use.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Will have to keep an eye on this. Thanks for the details!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've had this same issue with my Bolt, I am attributing it to the very cold temperatures at the moment (we have been mostly -20C since mid December) - I'd be curious if you are dealing with the same. Also - have not had time to bring mine in to the dealer, so if you do - please update!

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet Bolt Premier
10 Posts
Reviving this thread - did anyone ever find a fix for this? Mine are always popping out of the guides on both front doors just as pictured in the first post.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Reviving this thread - did anyone ever find a fix for this? Mine are always popping out of the guides on both front doors just as pictured in the first post.
The OP talked about little blue anchors that needed to be pushed home. The older forum software had a very small memory limit for posting pictures. So many of us had to delete pictures to post newer ones. So the picture the OP had of the blue anchor has been removed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts