Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doug Demuro has a review of the Bolt UV on You tube:

It's the usual superficial Demuro review that doesn't touch on what's really important to EV buyers. He focuses on the "quirks and features" only and skips over battey info, charge rate, etc. I don't really think he understands EVs. Anyway, it's a generally favorable review with the usual GM bashing.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts

It's the usual superficial Demuro review that doesn't touch on what's really important to EV buyers. He focuses on the "quirks and features" only and skips over battey info, charge rate, etc. I don't really think he understands EVs. Anyway, it's a generally favorable review with the usual GM bashing.
I enjoy Doug's reviews and they are pretty thoughtful, but he's not an EV enthusiast, he's a car enthusiast. As such, he either doesn't think to dive into the EV details, or knows most other car enthusiasts aren't interested.

For that reason, I prefer Alex Dikes reviews for EVs and hybrids. He gets EV stuff and has some interest in it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Doug makes comments about things he likes about the Bolt EUV forgetting that some of them are offered on the current Bolt, which he reviewed several years ago. I still like Doug and watch all his reviews and figure that he knows what drives views to his channel.

The lack of an increase in dc fast charge rate makes this new Bolt a no-go for me when my lease is up.

·
Registered
482 Posts

Between his over-enunciating words and the constant flailing of his hands, I find him a pretty distracting presenter. I'm sure someone coached him to be more animated, so his videos would be more interesting, but he went overboard.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Between his over-enunciating words and the constant flailing of his hands, I find him a pretty distracting presenter. I'm sure someone coached him to be more animated, so his videos would be more interesting, but he went overboard.
I concur. His historonics and rote delivery for every review ("THIS is the..." is how he starts every video) and then procedes to pitch his online car business before finally getting to his review is tiresome. Does the guy own any other outfit besides shorts, ratty tee shirt, and grungy tennis shoes? He rarely talks about anything technical, instead focusing on key fobs, trim, and other minutia. His Doug scores are rediculous. I really don't understand how he has such a following. I do, however, like his old video on owning a Range Rover I think which he bought from CarMax and got the extended CarMax warrenty. He ended up having literally thousands of repairs done under warranty.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
437 Posts
Wow, surprised at so much Doug bashing here. He’s a car reviewer so EVs aren’t his specialty. And reviewing this as strictly a car, I thought he did fine.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Chevy did not do any updates to the mechanical drivetrain (motor, battery, charging infrastructure) on any 2022 Bolt.

ga2500ev
Not only that, we received a promotional flyer from GM encouraging us to trade in our 2017 Bolt for the EUV at fairly attractive financing rates. Went to the local dealer to check it out - none in stock, none expected anytime soon.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Not only that, we received a promotional flyer from GM encouraging us to trade in our 2017 Bolt for the EUV at fairly attractive financing rates. Went to the local dealer to check it out - none in stock, none expected anytime soon.
It'll be summer before they start arriving.

ga2500ev

·
Registered
219 Posts
In case you ever wondered what it would be like if Quentin Tarantino reviewed cars.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Did not really like this review. He kept on bringing up “new” features that are not new at all and are in all older Bolts. One good example is the ability to see what is affecting your range....a feature ALL Bolts have.

·
Registered
989 Posts
It's the online media standard. Seeing a TV show or movie being filmed, the "overacting" is obvious, but diminishes to "normal" when the final product is edited together. The "hyperacting" that's done now still seems overacted when edited. I don't care for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts