Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else monitoring their driving to save money on their insurance? I've been using drive safe and save with OnStar for about a month. Not sure if it's going to save me any money, but I have a 90 score so far for the first month.

I rarely use the brakes because I drive in L and I get hit for aggressive breaking, haha. OnStar automatically monitors the driving from day one and stores the data. Enrolling with an insurance monitoring program is optional.

I can look at my driving record at my OnStar account online. I'm not sure if you have to be enrolled in a program to see this data or not. Before I enrolled in this program I did pass a slow car on a straight away and hit 80. This never did show up?

Any others have experience monitoring their bolt driving?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did it with my insurance on my 2015 Volt. Ended up saving 23% out of the 25% maximum. I was able to login and it would show my driving habits with a 1 hour delay. Only problem is the ODB reader stopped my car from sending info to Onstar so I was unable to get any stats for about 5 months. Still worth the discount on my insurance now going forward!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts