Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Realized something today when I went to grab the hatch handle to close the back hatch- (with something in my right hand) that there is only a right hand handle inside the hatch - the left driver side one is deleted out. Anyone know the GM part # for the Driver side?

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Realized something today when I went to grab the hatch handle to close the back hatch- (with something in my right hand) that there is only a right hand handle inside the hatch - the left driver side one is deleted out. Anyone know the GM part # for the Driver side?
I know I have read about this handle here before. For the life of me, I have never remembered to look for it, nor felt any need for one.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I know I have read about this handle here before. For the life of me, I have never remembered to look for it, nor felt any need for one.
Living off a dirt road, touching the hatch with ones hand leaves finger prints galore. Using the handle keeps the car cleaner. My wife hasn't figured out why I always want to close the hatch for her.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have access to a repair manual, and it isn't listed unfortunately (the space is shown, but no part numbers for the handles. I was looking for the same thing a while back.
Might ask a parts dealer, but I have a feeling the part might only exist for right-hand drive vehicles. (aka Opel Ampera-e)

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
To the best of my knowledge there are no Bolts anywhere that have a handle on the left side, so I assume there are no parts for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
To the best of my knowledge there are no Bolts anywhere that have a handle on the left side, so I assume there are no parts for it.
Confirmed. I just went out and popped off the blank cover. The hole + cover on the driver side hatch door is bigger than the passenger side handle.

I was thinking of maybe 3d-printing something, but without any threaded screw holes behind the plate, you would be 100% tugging on the body panel alone to close the hatch. (the only thing behind the driver cover plate is body metal... not something you really want to mess with mechanically.

So, there might be some way to 3d print a new handle, but nothing easy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
One mod I have in mind is a "stained wooden" trunk false floor (the current one is so flexy), but that's a cool-weather project :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It just seems weird that they would have space for the handle delete
Confirmed. I just went out and popped off the blank cover. The hole + cover on the driver side hatch door is bigger than the passenger side handle.

I was thinking of maybe 3d-printing something, but without any threaded screw holes behind the plate, you would be 100% tugging on the body panel alone to close the hatch. (the only thing behind the driver cover plate is body metal... not something you really want to mess with mechanically.

So, there might be some way to 3d print a new handle, but nothing easy.
thanks for checking it out - so not the same - interesting!

·
Registered
501 Posts

LMAO!!!!!!

That is a non issue. Simply follow these steps....make sure you are not under the hatch when doing these steps.

1.) Reach up with your left hand and rest your fingers on the OUTSIDE of the hatch...
2.) With a downward motion pull the hatch down.
3.) Now proceed to pull the hatch until it latches.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

BTW Right handed people.....are ALWAYS RIGHT. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
1.) Reach up with your left hand and rest your fingers on the OUTSIDE of the hatch...
2.) With a downward motion pull the hatch down.
3.) Now proceed to pull the hatch until it latches.
Eh.. I live in Central Texas, and this is how you get dusty hands + children of the corn handprints all over your trunk lid.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt
64 Posts
I just printed a driver side handle, it seems to work well. PM me for the file.

·
Registered
10 Posts
[QUOTE = "emv, publicación: 557652, miembro: 3178"]
Acabo de imprimir una manija del lado del conductor, parece funcionar bien. PM me para el archivo.
[/CITAR]
¡Qué interesante, podría proporcionarnos algunas fotos de ese proyecto!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts