Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt Premier
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had this issue? Driver side mirror distorted or out of focus.I noticed it the first day driving the car and thought it must be the white interior putting a glare on the side glass making an optical illusion. And kinda left it at that but one nice day I had my window down and sure enough still looked like I was looking through pop bottle glasses. As I moved it around I found the focal point is close to the rear door handle making everything beyond that blurry. I showed it to the service manager and he agreed with me they put an order in for the repair, and so they say there isn't one out anywhere to replace it with so I have to wait. Just curious has anyone else had a similar view from the same mirror? This is on a 2020 model.

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt Premier
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks XJ12 I would think if that was the case it would make the objects in the mirror look further away. Everything looks right just a bit blurry.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Hard for us to know without seeing it ourselves, but it sure sounds like you've got a bum mirror. Sounds like a trip to the dealer is "warranted"...

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt Premier
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is true Sean it is unclear what is wrong with this mirror. I have to wait for a replacement. I am anxious to get this behind me and be able to reflect on it as I go forward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts