Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a couple weeks ago that the little light on the drivers side mirror that's supposed to warn me when there is a car in my blind spot is on almost 100% of the time when I'm moving and flashes as an additional warning if I activate my left turn signal. The passenger side light seems to be working normally.

Does anyone know where the sensor(s) is/are for this feature? I'm wondering if it's covered in something.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It's a known issue and there is a TSB on how to fix it. I had the same issue on my 2017 and the dealer fixed it when I took it in last year for the recall software update. If I remember correctly, the fix is applying extra / correct shielding near the sensors.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a known issue and there is a TSB on how to fix it. I had the same issue on my 2017 and the dealer fixed it when I took it in last year for the recall software update. If I remember correctly, the fix is applying extra / correct shielding near the sensors.
Thanks, I guess another trip to the dealer is in my future.

By chance do you have a link to the TSB or anything I can reference when I make my appointment.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Thanks, I guess another trip to the dealer is in my future.

By chance do you have a link to the TSB or anything I can reference when I make my appointment.
This one?
17-NA-097 Side Blind Zone Issues or False/Incorrect Side Mirror Notification/Warnings

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I noticed a couple weeks ago that the little light on the drivers side mirror that's supposed to warn me when there is a car in my blind spot is on almost 100% of the time when I'm moving and flashes as an additional warning if I activate my left turn signal. The passenger side light seems to be working normally.

Does anyone know where the sensor(s) is/are for this feature? I'm wondering if it's covered in something.
See: https://www.chevybolt.org/threads/blind-spot-indicator-not-working-properly.16922/page-3#post-308081

1 - 6 of 6 Posts