·
Registered
2018 Bolt EV Premier Nightfall Gray
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

Apparently, these two sites were the missing link for the first EA Cross Country route...who knew.
It was really only the Green River site. Otherwise, the route has been open for probably 6 months at this point. Exclusively on Electrify America, maybe a little less than that.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Eric is correct that it's more Green River than Salina. Apparently there's already a station in Richfield UT which is about 20 miles down the road from Salina. The station in Salina cuts that leg down from 123 miles (to Richfield) to just shy of 100 miles (to Salina) from Green River.

Now EA needs more N/S legs. Like finishing the ones down I-85 and I-65 in Alabama. Also adding a leg in Mississippi from Memphis down to I-10 in Gulfport and down I-49 in Louisiana. It's also kind of ridiculous that there are zero EA stations along I-20 from Atlanta to Dallas TX. Also the station in Dateland AZ needs to come online to complete I-10/I-8 from Jacksonville to Southern California. Currently that gap from Casa Grande to Yuma is 177 miles on I-8 while currently along I-10 there's a single 50kw EV-Connect station in Blythe CA between Phoenix and Coachella. EA has a planned station along I-10 in Quartzite AZ. But Plugshare is showing reports that construction of that site hasn't yet started.

None of these are really about coast to coast travel. It's more important that shorter legs are all complete so that people can travel regionally without getting hung up.

ga2500ev

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just to followup. Tracking east into Kansas, Indiana and Kentucky, it looks like everyone including EA missed a spot at the intersection of I-64 and I-69 near Evansville, IN. It's right smack in the center of a 225 mile leg from Bloomington IN to Clarksville, TN along I-69 and and 190 mile leg from Mt. Vernon IL to Louisville KY along I-64. Someone needs to get a station put up there STAT!

ga2500ev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts