Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
You can hear the Bolt engage its locking mechanism while holding the charge cord handle so you know when it's engaged. I didn't try their method in the video, but held the handle firmly against the port so it was flush and had the app ready to swipe on the phone in the other hand. It engages pretty quick after swiping. But one item they didn't mention, is make sure you pull as far forward as possible so the cable comfortably reaches the car's charging port. On my first attempts, I actually supported the cable with a sleeping bag, but later determined that was unnecessary once the Bolt had engaged its locking mechanism.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
..... having a sleeping bag in back helps with range anxiety as well.
I thought so. Wasn't completely certain of reaching my first stop that was 250 miles away with a three year old EV with a 238 EPA rating. There was an RV park with a 14-50 plug 20 miles short of my destination. I only had my OEM EVSE with me with a 240V adapter. Wasn't worth buying a faster EVSE for this one trip. So I threw in the sleeping bag as a contingency. At least I got a photo op out of it and it was pretty light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.