Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So twice as fast as Tesla but perhaps half of the units do not work. Looks like same pace to me. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yup. That's my take too only you have to waste a lot of time trying to find the EA units that do work. Not a great achievement until they can get them to function reliably.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yup. That's my take too only you have to waste a lot of time trying to find the EA units that do work. Not a great achievement until they can get them to function reliably.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Agreed. But I honestly think it's just shy of half working which is sad. And EA and Bolt's don't work well together which is a mystery why.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
It's still the case that their network is broken in various places for cross-country trips, with too large a gap west of Salt Lake City and west of Phoenix (without even a sign of something in progress that might open soon). California continues to have numerous not-yet-open sites.

It's better, sure, but far from where it was supposed to be at this point.

And reliability is still poor.

What's frustrating is how “almost there” it is.

·
Registered
78 Posts
EA is awful. I feel bad for whoever has to answer my call when I inevitably have to call them when I stupidly decide to give them another chance.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Got this today in my e-mail. Not sure how this is compared to EA but still pretty impressive.

I think it's important to note that this isn't plugs, but stations. One every other day. And they work without a phone call or even an app.
It's almost as if they custom worded this based on my travels. I've got no problem with using my data to better serve me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got this today in my e-mail. Not sure how this is compared to EA but still pretty impressive.
View attachment 28450
I think it's important to note that this isn't plugs, but stations. One every other day. And they work without a phone call or even an app.
It's almost as if they custom worded this based on my travels. I've got no problem with using my data to better serve me.
One more reason to consider a Tesla for my next car. Two major concerns for me are maintenance and the lack of facilities in my area and the fact that most SuperChargers I pass by seem to be pretty full nowadays, especially the ones closer to SF when I head out that way.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
@Dyefrog, I don't think anyone would dispute that, in the USA today, Tesla has far and away the largest and most comprehensive charging network. With the exception of a few busy travel days each year when the capacity of some stations on the network is stretched, most Tesla owners can contemplate long-distance travel with little concern or prior planning.

In all aspects, non-Teslas are playing catch-up. The Bolt is Tesla's closest US competition right now, and it's far behind in sales numbers.

But EA has done wonders for the world of CCS charging. We've gone from a world where there was a very limited patchwork of chargers, and long-distance travel was basically untenable for normal people in most places, to a world where in many cases it has become quite do-able. Their execution is far from perfect and I'm harshly critical of that, but it's nevertheless the case that there are now chargers where I need them and I can consider journeys in my Bolt that I'd previously need to resort to making in our Golf TDI.

EA is going to keep spending to enhance their infrastructure and keep refining what they've already put in place. I'm really glad they exist.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts