Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
The Pass+ is tempting, but most of the EA chargers I will eventually use are still incomplete. Maybe in a few more months, like by the end of the summer? It's disappointing how slowly they are getting turned on in upstate NY. I'm guessing it's my state's obscene amounts of red tape, and not EA's fault.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Has anyone seen if it's possible to swap plans back and forth? For me I will rarely need to use the EA site that is near me (since it's 10 miles from home), but when traveling in the fall I could see it being of great use as there is an EA station 15 miles from where I'll be (wrong direction unfortunately, but it's there and up and running!) and the round trip is over the range of my Bolt.

I'd like to only pay the monthly $4 fee when I'm actively using their network (Sep - Nov) and not year round... can we swap back and forth between the plans whenever we want? I didn't see details on the app for this.

**edit**

Found the information in the FAQ... hadn't checked the website yet, only on the app.

How do I change from one membership type to another?

In your account, go to Plan details and follow the prompts to change plan types. Please note that a request to change from Pass+ to Pass membership will only go into effect on the 1st day of the next billing cycle, which coincides with the monthly anniversary of your sign-up date.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
now that you can check availability on the EA app, and compare it to plugshare, it's interesting to see that they have the explanation mark on fredonia New York, where all stations are down, but they don't have an explanation mark on Buffalo New York, where all but the CHADEMO are down, so somebody heading out with a Chevy Bolt expecting to charge in buffalo would be very disappointed. Anyone have any insight into what keeps taking these stations down? Design issue? Recent thunderstorms?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
now that you can check availability on the EA app, and compare it to plugshare, it's interesting to see that they have the explanation mark on fredonia New York, where all stations are down, but they don't have an explanation mark on Buffalo New York, where all but the CHADEMO are down, so somebody heading out with a Chevy Bolt expecting to charge in buffalo would be very disappointed. Anyone have any insight into what keeps taking these stations down? Design issue? Recent thunderstorms?
I wish I knew. I read and track all the checkins every day and I can't detect a pattern.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It will be interesting to see how the others going in around that lakeshore region fare after a few months live. Mentor, OH recently came online and Erie, PA hopefully won't be long... I presume they get fairly similar weather to Fredonia and Buffalo?

On the topic of turnaround time, that Ohio sites seemed to come online very quickly. I checked the one in Sheffield Crossing back in mid-April and there was nothing there, not even fencing. Two months later, it's installed and online... Herkimer and Waterloo, NY need to take a page out of their book!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Something feels off about upstate NY. Why is it that our EA stations take an inordinate amount of time to come online in the first place, and then seem highly prone to failure (or at least take a correspondingly long time to repair)? It seems worse here than neighboring states. I have to wonder if our regulatory environment is a contributing factor.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
17 Participants
GetOffYourGas
Chevy Bolt EV Forum
We’re the Largest Chevy Bolt EV Online Community and Owner's Club. Join to discuss sport mode, reviews, battery range and charging!
Full Forum Listing