Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Was happy to be able to get nearly 400 miles (on a 700 mile trip) for free from EA this past weekend. Wasn't initially clear why it was charging but not accepting payment on Friday afternoon, but the prompts on Moday were easier to read. No issues with overcrowding (Bridgeport and South Lake Tahoe) although one charger was limited to 30kW (had to switch over to another one).

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
If you see/saw "complimentary session" in blue on a display, then that's the cue to just plug in and not screw with their app, CC or NFC.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Used the EA chargers over the July 4th holiday weekend. Pretty awesome to just plug in and charging starts automatically.

On Tuesday the 6th, the banner announcing free charging for the holiday was still displaying, but charging at the station I was visiting (Pismo Beach, CA) was broken whether you paid or not. All 7 ports were throwing various errors. Took forever to get support on the phone, leading me to wonder if the entire system had come down post-holiday. But once I had support on the phone they said no, the system was up, and were able to clear the errors for my port, and all the other vehicles there, one at a time, but only with help from support. Support rep was very cool. He took the phone number of each successive car that needed help and called them one at a time (to save the long wait).

In a 15 minute period at the station, a Jaguar pulled in, followed by a Kona, followed by a Mach-e. Wow! Are we hitting critical mass or what?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Facebook Groups has a report from 9:32 pm Pacific time 7/30/21 about free EA juice on 2 stations so far off the PA turnpike. He attached a pic w/the screen showing complimentary session.

Too bad I had no use for free juice. I charged up at work L2 to 90% (don't want to keep my car at sustained high SoC even though mine's not recalled).

·
Registered
6,349 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
422 Posts
GM should give us free complimentary EA charging until the battery recall is fixed.
I could get behind that. There's an EA station about 3 miles from my home, so very convenient. I did receive a $500 charging credit for EVGo with my new EUV, but the closest station is over 20 miles away. Not worth it just to charge on occasion. I'll almost have to make a trip there specifically to charge, as none of the nearby locations are close to anywhere I ever go.

Reactions: ARob

·
Administrator
2,936 Posts
Would be great if we also have free charging on the National EV Week weekend!
Amen!

EA is a big sponsor of the Drive Electric Week campaign this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this. They also offered free charging on Earth Day.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
422 Posts
I only have the Pass account, not the Pass+. I haven't received any email. I'm wondering if the free charging is only for the Pass+ members?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I only have the Pass account, not the Pass+. I haven't received any email. I'm wondering if the free charging is only for the Pass+ members?
Not if the July 4th promotion is any indication. Just plug in and go.

Here's what the e-mail says:

"This offer is available for all public chargers on the Electrify America network. All you need to do is plug-in and follow the prompts. No promotion code is needed."

If it doesn't require the app/NFC, it won't require any account, paid or otherwise.

·
Registered
163 Posts
On Tuesday Aug 31, I made a round trip of over 500 miles in my Bolt. I charged twice at an EA charger in Portage MI. The first time it cost ten bucks but the second time it was free. I still have no idea why. Did the Labor Day promo start early?

I am not a Plus member. They don’t have any chargers in my usual haunts.

Note, I did log in, and the screen showed my name, and that the price was zero. When I look at my account history right now, only the first session is listed. So not only did I get free charging in my own name, they didn’t even record it in their database. So weird.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
On Tuesday Aug 31, I made a round trip of over 500 miles in my Bolt. I charged twice at an EA charger in Portage MI. The first time it cost ten bucks but the second time it was free. I still have no idea why. Did the Labor Day promo start early?

I am not a Plus member. They don’t have any chargers in my usual haunts.

Note, I did log in, and the screen showed my name, and that the price was zero. When I look at my account history right now, only the first session is listed. So not only did I get free charging in my own name, they didn’t even record it in their database. So weird.
Electrify America To Offer Free Charging All Labor Day Weekend Long says
"The promotion starts at 12:00 am PDT (3:00 am EDT) on Friday, September 3rd, and runs for four full days, ending at the same time on Tuesday, September 7th."

The "Enjoy the last days of summer on us..." screen I saw last night also listed the same hours in the fine print.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts