Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of us in the southeast, several “coming soon” Electrify America stations have popped up on plugshare and the EA App.
Looks like cycle 2 in the Atlanta area is underway. I for one have been waiting for these builds.
Even if they all appear to be at Walmart’s, that’s ok with me.

New locations coming soon I have noticed:
Stockbridge, Ga off i-75
Peachtree City, Ga not too far from i-85
Auburn, Al off i-85
Greenville, Al off i-65
North Mobile, Al off i-65
the above 4 will complete the interstate 85/65 Southwest route from Atlanta to interstate 10 at Mobile.
and finally,
Oxford, Al off i-20 for the route connecting Atlanta and Birmingham (personally, this is a great one for me to get to tuscaloosa and back to visit family).

(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
446 Posts

New locations coming soon I have noticed:

Greenville, Al off i-85
North Mobile, Al off i-85
These two are off I-65, I-85 terminates in Montgomery and these two are South of Montgomery.

Greenville makes sense. It's 130 miles north of Mobile. That Walmart is my usual stop between Atlanta and New Orleans.

Definite agreement on this. These are the first CCS stations in Alabama at all.

ga2500ev

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have been waiting for an EA station to come online in Haymarket, VA. Last comment said that everything looks complete and that was in December 2019. What is taking so long? Are we importing our electrons from China via kayaks?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Auburn, Al off i-85
Greenville, Al off i-85
North Mobile, Al off i-85
Oxford, Al off i-20
That's great news and several off my wish list. Surprised it doesn't include Huntsville/Athens, Birmingham, & Montgomery. We prefer to beach vacation in the Port St Joe/Apalachicola area so desperately need one around Dothan to make that trip feasible in the Bolt.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
These two are off I-65, I-85 terminates in Montgomery and these two are South of Montgomery....

...These are the first CCS stations in Alabama at all.

ga2500ev
Thank you! Updated my post to reflect. I drive i-20 west, so forgot 85 terminates in Mont.

Breaking into Alabama is a big deal for us.
I expect to see one in Birmingham as well. And then north from there near huntsville to connect most of those routes listed on cycle 2 plan. (Atlanta/Birmingham/Huntsville/Nashville/Montgomery/Mobile). EA originally planned 8-12 new stations during cycle 2 on these corridors.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's great news and several off my wish list. Surprised it doesn't include Huntsville/Athens, Birmingham, & Montgomery. We prefer to beach vacation in the Port St Joe/Apalachicola area so desperately need one around Dothan to make that trip feasible in the Bolt.
How far out of the way will it be to hit the Greenville Al station, then down to Chipley Fl and on to your destination? Seems somewhat doable and not too far out of the way.
Dothan would be perfect, but it isnt on EA’s current list I don’t think.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Thank you for posting this. We drive ATL-Mobile several times a year and this will enable doing so in out Bolt. I hope they're putting in reliable chargers (not the Efacec ones).

·
Registered
56 Posts
How far out of the way will it be to hit the Greenville Al station, then down to Chipley Fl and on to your destination? Seems somewhat doable and not too far out of the way.
Dothan would be perfect, but it isnt on EA’s current list I don’t think.
I've been looking google maps a bit and would go from Birmingham down US280 to Auburn then down to Chipley to top off before the charger desert of the coastal areas. I-65 during the summer is crazy with vacationers so avoiding the interstate works really well for me and this route is not much different than the one we used last year anyway.

I wouldn't go to Greenville for the trips we normally do but it will be great for those heading to the more popular & crowded Gulf Coast locations.

The Auburn location hits a good spot personally because it would enable traveling southeast through Georgia via Cordele, etc.

Hopefully Meridian MS and/or Tuscaloosa is on the list for I-20 travel.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another one just popped up “coming soon” at the Walmart in Athens, Al.
Looks like they are taking the advice of many and just copying where Tesla Superchargers are.
Waiting to see where they stick the likely one coming to Birmingham.
(somewhere near 65/459 junction would be the likely spot imo.)

Or someone is messing with us adding all these spots to tell EA where we want them. Plugshare is crowd sourced after all! (edit: Nope, they are also on the EA app now too)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have been waiting for an EA station to come online in Haymarket, VA. Last comment said that everything looks complete and that was in December 2019. What is taking so long? Are we importing our electrons from China via kayaks?
Likely close. Almost surely, components in the charging equipment supply chain are from China. Which makes the lead time for charging station equipment (I've seen a source claim lead times were already at 20+ weeks before the outbreak) even worse.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Noticed on the EA map that 3 more locations in the Atlanta area popped up as “coming soon”.
Alpharetta/Northpoint pkwy
East Point
Lawrenceville/Sugarloaf

Still waiting on the Alabama stations to go live; A couple look mostly built according to plugshare pics and comments.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the update. Looks like Auburn, Oxford, & Prattville could go live at any time. I was just in Huntsville on Monday...wish I had thought to run by Athens and check out that site in person.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I have created a "cross-post" in the " Chevy Bolt EV USA Club Regionals -> Mid-Atlantic " forum.

Could the mods move this thread there, please?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the update. Looks like Auburn, Oxford, & Prattville could go live at any time. I was just in Huntsville on Monday...wish I had thought to run by Athens and check out that site in person.
Prattville? I didn’t know they were building one there.

According to ChrisC on plugshare, the Athens location is barely started. If you check his pic’s, they dug the trenches then just filled them back in with gravel. not very far along yet. Probably got put on hold for now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Prattville? I didn’t know they were building one there.

According to ChrisC on plugshare, the Athens location is barely started. If you check his pic’s, they dug the trenches then just filled them back in with gravel. not very far along yet. Probably got put on hold for now.
Sorry about that...I meant Greenville. Though Prattville would make a lot of sense as it is a very busy travel stop on I-65.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It appears the Auburn location is activated as of today. I think that’s the first one in Alabama now open. I hope this means the others will go live soon.
When the Oxford location opens, I’ll be heading that way.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It appears the Auburn location is activated as of today. I think that’s the first one in Alabama now open. I hope this means the others will go live soon.
When the Oxford location opens, I’ll be heading that way.
Cool! I'll be tempted to take advantage of my CoronaPanic work schedule to make a day trip to Auburn just 'cause I can now. :cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I live in Huntsville, AL. Two weeks ago I made a trip up I-65, and stopped in Athens, AL to check on the station under construction at the WalMart there. ChrisC on PlugShare had posted some info about that station in Mid-April. When I checked a couple weeks later at end of April, nothing had changed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts