Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I made the mistake of believing the dealer stock data from the dealer websites, and visited two different Chevy dealers near me to test drive their Bolts. One reported five in stock, the other, six. Neither had a single Bolt on their lot.
When I ordered my Bolt, it showed up in the dealer's inventory/stock after VIN was issued and was in shipping. Dealer wasn't even aware that it was showing up on the GM website. The car was never "available" unless I backed out of the order.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My brother has an order for the $35k unicorn Model 3. He's on an employee account and has received notice for his order.

We'll see if it pans out.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
My brother has an order for the $35k unicorn Model 3. He's on an employee account and has received notice for his order.

We'll see if it pans out.
Can he actually put in an order for a SR 3 though? Likely he got notice to configure, but will only be able to place an order for a LR version, and some projected date for when SR 3's will be available to order.

·
Registered
182 Posts
(1) I think we have stumbled into an interesting philosophical conundrum: Can the inherent inability of a commodity to coexist in the same timeframe with its (non)maker render such commodity necessarily fictitious? Discuss.

When done, please lecture me on the meaning of the price of a non-existing commodity.

(2) At some point I did think there might be claims by some demanding consumers, disappointed by the significant drop in mi/kWh in harsh driving conditions.

However, the 238 miles/battery is the EPA range of the Bolt. It means that a typical driver, using the car in a full range of real-life driving conditions he/she is likely encounter, will get around 4/kWh or average.
Surely this is a conundrum.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts