Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
I've got their Vue 2 monitoring 16 circuits. Excellent company and top rate support. Circuit monitoring has come in extremely handy. I've mentioned elsewhere that I actually tracked down an in-wall clothes iron that was left on for days because of it.

Recently cleaned out my AC condenser even though it didn't look that bad to me. All I did was take a hose to the inside of it while it was running and saw an immediate 20% efficiency improvement. That improvement has held for the last few days too, so it wasn't just that there was water on the coils.
Product Rectangle Azure Font Material property

Bought 2x of their EVSEs since my utility reimburses the purchases up to $500 each. Don't have a super important immediate need, but wanted to encourage EVs at my rental and have a place for my parents to charge when they visit (besides the too slow 120v).

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
I learned something new recently. I bought and installed a window AC unit in my garage. I kept wondering why I never saw any condensate water dripping from the unit. Curious, I started looking at the unit, and water was collecting inside the unit. What? No drain holes? What the heck? So I googled the unit to see if anyone had noticed this with theirs. Turns out, it is how all of them are made in these modern times. They collect the condensate water so the fan can kick up water onto the condenser to increase efficiency. I just hope I don't breed mosquitoes in the blasted thing.
I had the thought to engineer a misting system that kicks on automatically whenever the AC runs. Huge efficiency benefits when the radiator is wet, especially with the cool water we have.

There should be something that collects the condensate and mists the radiator.

Also thought about a mist system for the solar panels that would trigger whenever temps rose above some threshold.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Happy with mine so far. Like the app info but wish I could do it on my PC, not so fond of EVERYTHING being a **** phone app nowadays but I guess the kids don't know any better, I also miss the GM EV access online, loved that when I had my Volt.
Data is available online from a PC also. It’s still accessing their DB, but you don’t have to install the app if you don’t want to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts