Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier - Silver
436 Posts
I just ordered my Emporia from Amazon yesterday (my Blink melted)... after readying all the reviews I could find and doing some research.. it was the best option going!! I am going to make sure all codes and connections are "overkill" on this install. I will update as I have this completed and tested. I would love to look into the monitoring stuff also. Wish me luck!!
Go Bolt Nation!
I received my Emporia EVSE yesterday and plugged it in to my 30A circuit. Love the app and the heavy duty cables. I'll hardwire it at some point, but right now it's working great at 24A. I'll be putting my Clipper Creek LCS-20 up for sale soon. It works fine, but I was ready for something new.

Edit: here's a screenshot from the app showing the energy being used after charging is "complete":
Azure Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

·
Registered
436 Posts
Something that may be of interest to potential buyers is that Emporia is currently selling this EVSE without UL certification on their website for $374 ($75 savings). This is inventory manufactured before they received UL certification, but built to the same standards. I bought one of these units with full knowledge of what I was buying. It goes without saying (but I will anyway) that your comfort level purchasing a non-UL device may be different than mine.

Here is a Q&A from the Amazon listing (bolding is mine):

As of May 11, 2022, the Emporia Smart Home EV Charger is certified by UL to meet the safety criteria defined by these international standards: NEC 625, SAE J1772, UL 817, UL 991, UL 2231, UL 2251, and UL 2594. While we're currently offering our UL-certified charger for sale, we still have inventory of the non-UL charger, so customers have the option to purchase a UL-certified charger at full price, or a non-UL charger at a discount. The non-UL chargers have the same safety features as the UL chargers, but were manufactured prior to UL completing the testing, and so cannot be UL-certified.
By Emporia Energy on June 1, 2022​

·
Registered
436 Posts
Data is available online from a PC also. It’s still accessing their DB, but you don’t have to install the app if you don’t want to.
Happy with mine so far. Like the app info but wish I could do it on my PC, not so fond of EVERYTHING being a **** phone app nowadays but I guess the kids don't know any better, I also miss the GM EV access online, loved that when I had my Volt.
As @redpoint5 said, a web interface is available. Look for the green box top right on all Emporia web pages that says "WEBAPP LOGIN". Use the same credentials you used when signing up for the phone app.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts