Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody!

Just leased a brand new Black Chevy bolt last Monday. Overall I'm very happy with the decision. I have a 26 mile commute through decent traffic and my old stickshift G35 was wearing me down.

Keeping the G for weekend canyon runs and autocross events, but using the Bolt as my daily.

Things I love:

• L mode is FRICKEN AWESOME. I can make it all the way to work and back only touching the brake once. Feels like the future.
  • Having a backup camera! I know I'm late to the party on this one but I'm still getting used to it.
  • Having an app that can tell me the battery charge! Neat!
  • The charging light tells you which 1/4 of the battery it's currently charging. Awesome, I can tell at a glance how charged the car is
  • The car feels wide open inside with the large windows and lack of drive shaft tunnel
  • Android Auto is a step up from my kludged together bluetooth dongles and air vent magnet phone mount
  • The 'Enhanced' heads up display gives you quite a lot of information, which I appreciate. I always want more information. I just wished it also gave you an instantaneous mi/kw reading the way my old car had an instantaneous mpg reading.
  • The charge station at my work costs less per kw than my home!
  • 240+ Miles is really a lot of distance. I think I might get away with charging this beast once a week.
Things already driving me crazy:

• No good way to control android auto through the steering wheel.
  • No mute button on the steering wheel. I need to mute it for android auto to hear me sometimes
  • How quickly the auto lock locks me out of the car. I will get some groceries out of the back seat, close the door, and will have to unlock the car again to get groceries out of the other side of the car. If I've put the keys down already because they dig into my leg while in my pocket I'm SOL.
  • The touch screen is just a liiiittle too far. I have long arms but with my longer legs and my relaxed seating position I have to stretch to change anything on the touch screen.
  • Charge stations at work are always full!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
How quickly the auto lock locks me out of the car. I will get some groceries out of the back seat, close the door, and will have to unlock the car again to get groceries out of the other side of the car. If I've put the keys down already because they dig into my leg while in my pocket I'm SOL.
Congratulations!

Wonder if that's a setting. I don't recall the car ever auto locking on me for anything. Except when I put it in "gear".

I've gotten in the habit to put all my groceries in the hatch and really like that I can leave it open fully in the garage. Wasn't an option with my old van because it was too big.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Hello Everybody!

[*]The 'Enhanced' heads up display gives you quite a lot of information, which I appreciate. I always want more information. I just wished it also gave you an instantaneous mi/kw reading the way my old car had an instantaneous mpg reading.

[*]How quickly the auto lock locks me out of the car. I will get some groceries out of the back seat, close the door, and will have to unlock the car again to get groceries out of the other side of the car.
[/LIST]
You can get something similar under "energy", on the center screen. The page showing a graph of your trip, in 5 mile segments, has the current five mile segment building, in real time, all the way to the right of the screen. Here in the hills, I see it jump around from 1-16 mi/kWh.

Page 144 of the manual deals with locks. I have every automatic "feature" turned off now, and it works just like a real car. I love it. :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
[*]How quickly the auto lock locks me out of the car. I will get some groceries out of the back seat, close the door, and will have to unlock the car again to get groceries out of the other side of the car. If I've put the keys down already because they dig into my leg while in my pocket I'm SOL.
you can turn off the auto lock, or you can turn on passive door unlock - then you just hit the button on the door handle and the door will unlock if your fob is in range. i never take my keys out of my pocket.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
you can turn off the auto lock, or you can turn on passive door unlock - then you just hit the button on the door handle and the door will unlock if your fob is in range. i never take my keys out of my pocket.
I learned not to lock my car in my garage after it was broken into and thieves damaged the door on my van breaking into it. So I haven't enabled the passive locking/unlocking - when I exit and enter the car I use the door handle buttons to lock and unlock it when and only when I want to. I really like that I can lock and unlock all the doors from any of the doors that way.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I also came from stick shifting in socal rush hour, and also never had a camera.. Yeah it suits LA driving well doesn't it.

I also agree that majority of the newer cars feel closed in. The way they are going they will be like submarines in five years.. I love the open feeling and flat floor too.

And BTW I love trains!

·
Registered
149 Posts
No mute button on the steering wheel. I need to mute it for android auto to hear me sometimes
Doesn't the radio mute when you press the Speak/Telephone Button on the right side of the steering wheel. I think that is how Siri works.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Doesn't the radio mute when you press the Speak/Telephone Button on the right side of the steering wheel. I think that is how Siri works.
Thanks for the tip. Don't use our phones in the car, so never bothered to see what that button did. Radio mute! Pauses my wife's mp3 books too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts