Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where do you keep your spare change? This has been bugging me since getting this car. I'm not happy with any of the obvious options and want to see what you all are using.

The door handle? Center console? Cupholder? Someplace else?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been throwing my quarters into that little slot under the dash next to the 12V receptacle. Not perfect, but sufficient. I was thinking of getting something the size of a film canister (they probably make one for quarters) to keep them in so they would rattle and scatter and then put them under the console between the seats. Rarely need change anymore, but nice to have when you find yourself at a parking meter or need a buck or two and didn't bring any money...

Still pondering for the "perfect" solution, so I'll watch for genius to reveal itself in reply to your question.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Where do you keep your spare change? This has been bugging me since getting this car. I'm not happy with any of the obvious options and want to see what you all are using.

The door handle? Center console? Cupholder? Someplace else?
My pocket. Or, for my collection of quarters for parking meters, in a 35mm film canister in the glove box.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
My pocket. Or, for my collection of quarters for parking meters, in a 35mm film canister in the glove box.
Yeah, I hoarded all my 35mm film canisters from the old days and I've used them to hold car change for decades. In the Bolt I keep one in the upper tray of the centre console along with a small flashlight, a tiny squirt bottle filled with water that I can use to clean the various camera lenses on the car, and a little bottle of hand sanitizer.

I keep my owners manuals and insurance documents in the lower part of the centre console because they're too big to fit in the unnecessarily small glove box.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
I'm in the pocket change camp. I carry $1.50 in quarters everyday. Mostly for soda machines and parking meters. I also still do cash transactions and sometimes it's good for making change on purchases. Challenging checkout people's math skills can be fun! >:)

If I get change from a drive thru, I put the change in the cupholder until I leave the car and then retrieve it to my pocket. All excess change goes from my pocket to a jar at night everyday. Once a year or so, it goes back to the bank.

·
Registered
645 Posts
"Auto Coin Holder" at Amazon:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=auto+coin+holder[/ame]

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
...I keep my owners manuals and insurance documents in the lower part of the centre console because they're too big to fit in the unnecessarily small glove box.
I can fit a book and my surface pro 1 tablet pc in the glove box. Wouldn't define it as small if I can do that.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I can fit a book and my surface pro 1 tablet pc in the glove box. Wouldn't define it as small if I can do that.
I've been able to fit my insurance documents into the glove box of every other car I've owned except for the Bolt. The docs are printed on 8-1/2 x 11 inch paper folded once and then enclosed in a zip-loc plastic bag - which is standard for pretty much everyone in British Columbia since we all buy insurance from ICBC.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts