Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when I opened the door to get in my 2019 Premier, the car sounded four short dings and the center console briefly displayed the message "Shift to park". The message went away after a couple seconds and I entered and started the car. The usual "P" showed on the center console and I backed out of the garage and everything seemed normal. The car was sitting in the garage overnight not plugged in because I only unplugged it yesterday afternoon and drove the half mile to the bus stop and back so it didn't need to be charged overnight. Everything was normal when I shut it down yesterday: pulled it in the garage until it reached the stopper on the floor, put my foot on the brake, and pressed "P" to put it in park. There was no "Shift to park" message when I parked it: only when I opened the door this morning. Strange that it'd give that message as soon as I open the door.

Anyone else seen this glitch?

Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think (trying to remember correctly) that the "Shift to Park" message popped up on my when I forgot to put the car into park before opening the door. If the car is in gear when you open the driver's door, the car automatically sets the "Park" mode and gives a warning about setting it into park.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think (trying to remember correctly) that the "Shift to Park" message popped up on my when I forgot to put the car into park before opening the door. If the car is in gear when you open the driver's door, the car automatically sets the "Park" mode and gives a warning about setting it into park.
Thanks. My son may have opened the passenger door before I put it in park the last time I used it. I'll keep an eye on it.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
MikeyBolt
Chevy Bolt EV Forum
We’re the Largest Chevy Bolt EV Online Community and Owner's Club. Join to discuss sport mode, reviews, battery range and charging!
Full Forum Listing