Estimated Electric Range:
169 Miles
Estimated Total Range:
199 Miles

Why are there multiple values?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's odd, the Bolt should only have an estimated electric range since that's all it runs on. But then again I haven't gotten mine yet so I can;t log in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The efficiency data on my.chevrolet.com is also weird :

Electric Economy
70 Kwh/100mi
Electricity Used
174 kwh/100mi

I'm not sure what the website is measuring at all. 174 kWh/mi is a little bit high ;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
My guess is the Total is accounting for battery + regen, and that's just about the only thing I can see it being for, no other reason for two calculations to be showing like that.

What helps too is looking at reviews where they talk about these ranges, just so you can cross reference your experience with what's already being reported.

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
The efficiency data listed on the website/myChevrolet app is going to be odd looking until you have driven the car for a while. When mine was delivered to me last Saturday, it showed an initial efficiency of 0.8 miles per kWh for the total of 10 miles it had on the odometer. After taking it on a 95 mile drive yesterday, and getting 3.6 miles per kWh, my efficiency rating is now 1.2 miles per kWh. I suspect the reason for the initial low number is how long my car sat in Quality Control. Yours may be in same situation as mine...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
eops' explanation makes sense to me since the estimated range remained the same and the total range went up. Could have updated itself after the refresh to show how much you get from regen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts