Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
141 - 160 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yeah. It is the default setting. Anybody else drive your Bolt? Or maybe you did it long ago and forgot. Don't know how old you are, but I find it happens more and more often now. Can't imagine why. ;)
Heh. I am getting older... But I'm positive I never turned that off.

However at the same time I noticed that behavioral change, I also noticed:
Car lost its "home" setting multiple times
"Keys left in car" alert became exceptionally sensitive - it was always on (and would alert if I actually left a key in the car), but started alerting whenever I left the car when it was turned on - even though my keys were in my pocket leaving the car! I had to turn that off too...

It's weird, almost like settings might have been corrupted somehow.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier w/ Sun n Sound
339 Posts
I am hoping to get the unit and install items at cost "New". Or if I can get on off a wrecked low hours unit.
FWIW I was in to the local Freightliner dealer today getting some parts for my RV and saw the Webasto special they are running...$899 CAD for coolant unit. Not sure if Universal is running the same deal over in Moncton but might be worth a look. If not, these are in London so the shipping isn't likely too bad if you can't find a better deal.

Camera accessory Camera lens Cameras & optics Font Line

·
Registered
292 Posts
FWIW I was in to the local Freightliner dealer today getting some parts for my RV and saw the Webasto special they are running...$899 CAD for coolant unit. Not sure if Universal is running the same deal over in Moncton but might be worth a look. If not, these are in London so the shipping isn't likely too bad if you can't find a better deal.

View attachment 39655
I'm getting pricing for everything from Thermoking atlantic based on our spend qith them. Ill keep that in mind when I get the quote. We spend a lot of $ there and get special.prices.

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Ok. $1295 Cad shipped. Ill keep in mind but my cost should be in the 6-700 range from TK with my work discount. They qouted 1500 installed before I told them supply only and I needed a fuel tank. Getting that all from Espar on Monday. Cheers.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Side note, as I was looking at Eberspacher's pages:

https://www.eberspaecher-climate.com/products/vehicle-heaters/titronic-high-voltage-coolant-heater looks familiar (other than the lower power rating), doesn't it? Given that GM has Eberspacher products as factory options in other vehicles, I wouldn't be surprised if they're the OEM for the main heater... Specs other than max power are the same, looks similar. (Bolt service manuals indicate that the factory heater is controlled via LIN.)

·
Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
11,196 Posts

https://www.eberspaecher-climate.com/products/vehicle-heaters/titronic-high-voltage-coolant-heater looks familiar (other than the lower power rating), doesn't it? Given that GM has Eberspacher products as factory options in other vehicles, I wouldn't be surprised if they're the OEM for the main heater... Specs other than max power are the same, looks similar. (Bolt service manuals indicate that the factory heater is controlled via LIN.)
Bad link. Google says it is misspelled?

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier w/ Sun n Sound
339 Posts
  • Love
Reactions: Herbie Bolt

·
Registered
Opel Ampera-E 2017 (European branded Chevy Bolt EV)
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·

Eberspächer have been a major OEM provider of high volt resistive heaters for BEVs for some years, so it would make sense...

141 - 160 of 243 Posts