Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
161 - 180 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Wondering if maybe their website just had some transient issues?

Edit: I'm positive that's it, because my original link had DNS issues when I tried to use it this morning, and now both original link and the "new" link which appears identical are working.

·
Registered
292 Posts
No worries, it's the interwebs LOL. I'm still waiting to hear back on the pricing but the guys at TK Atlantic are excited about it and may want to help with the install and start advertising these systems moving forward. Would be a good business for them I bet as most folks are not going to install their own like me. I can change a head gasket and timing belts and radiators etc. in all my ICE so this will be a pretty simple job. Hardest part will be making good brackets.

·
Registered
Opel Ampera-E 2017 (European branded Chevy Bolt EV)
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
I know from a reseller that Eberspächer in Europe suffered a massive hacker attack at the end of last year, and severely restricted access to all their servers. Even resellers and certified technicians had problems getting hold of information at times. That might be related.

·
Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
11,196 Posts
"One of the observed causes of a climate failure that has been diagnosed is the front air intake flap freezing open, and blasting cold air into the system when driving on the highway, which is preventing the heat pump system ability to work correctly."

·
Registered
292 Posts
So I needed to do 180 miles fairly quickly so I put a blanket on, cranked heated seats and wheel and made it with one 15 min dcfc for buffer. Ended up not needing the dcfc. Now that being said, no friggin way would I ask my wife to do this. Got the new software, currently dcfc for return trip same way. Toes are a bit cold but boots got sweaty waiting for car to be done. The heater is just going to be so much nicer way to travel.

·
Registered
292 Posts
So not using a glycol heat exchanger and core, just a condenser to air?
I had assumed incorrectly then.
I'm just going on the fact the quebec installers list Teslas as not compatable qith hydronics and it qould be because they use air to air heatpumps. Which are great till they aren't like at -35

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
So you have gotten 3.3 miles/kWh for 128 miles, in -1F.

It would be expecting far too much from our political leaders, and the auto industry, to use this simple solution to eliminate one of the drawbacks to EV adoption.
Can you imagine the blowback from the anti-EV camp…”EV’s are such a failure they need fossil fuels to keep you warm“. In reality, it was always a combination of technologies that will be the future.
Even 99% our solar panel buddies are using grid tied to fossil fuel to stabilize and back up their home power.
Bicycle riders are using diesel trucks to deliver food to the groceries so they can eat enough calories to pedal their bikes.
Unless you live in a cabin in the woods, grow and hunt your own food, and burn candles made from suet you are tied in.
This does not make things hopeless, just to understand how complicated it really is.

·
Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
11,196 Posts
Can you imagine the blowback from the anti-EV camp…”EV’s are such a failure they need fossil fuels to keep you warm“. In reality, it was always a combination of technologies that will be the future.
Even 99% our solar panel buddies are using grid tied to fossil fuel to stabilize and back up their home power.
Bicycle riders are using diesel trucks to deliver food to the groceries so they can eat enough calories to pedal their bikes.
Unless you live in a cabin in the woods, grow and hunt your own food, and burn candles made from suet you are tied in.
This does not make things hopeless, just to understand how complicated it really is.
Agree with everything you said, except the hopeless part. We humans will bungle along, doing the least possible, as our evolution has designed for. It always works, until you go extinct.

161 - 180 of 243 Posts