Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier w/ Sun n Sound
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An annoying clunking noise has developed in my EUV. I've traced it down to the front driver side strut. If I have a helper rock the car I can feel the clicking between the spring and the strut.
Pretty quiet doing it in the driveway but fairly loud and annoying on the road...getting worse over the last few days.
Just me or anybody else with the same? Just got the shutter noise solved and now I've got this new treat.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
31 Posts
Sounds abnormal to me. The struts shouldn't be going bad in 18.5km unless you're doing demolition derbies or your roads are like the ones near me in Michigan. Ain't nobody fixed the **** roads around here.

This should be covered under your existing warranty. I'd get it fixed if it were me.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No derbies and the roads are generally good except for the odd pothole this time of year but I haven't hit any.
I've got lots of warranty so no issues there....was just curious if other EUVers are noticing the same....like the shutter noise issue.
I also had water in a rear driver side tail lamp that seemed to be a "one of" so maybe I'm alone on this one too.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got zero suspension issues on my EUV and I have A LOT of miles....
And we drive the same roads.
Anyway, I'm booked in for first thing next Friday and I'll report back.

Reactions: California John

·
Registered
523 Posts
My Bolt clicks whenever is is about to come to a complete stop and as soon as it starts moving again. I figured it was some ball joint somewhere. I’ll have the dealership take a look when my battery comes in.

·
Registered
199 Posts
An annoying clunking noise has developed in my EUV. I've traced it down to the front driver side strut. If I have a helper rock the car I can feel the clicking between the spring and the strut.
Pretty quiet doing it in the driveway but fairly loud and annoying on the road...getting worse over the last few days.
Just me or anybody else with the same? Just got the shutter noise solved and now I've got this new treat.
Just got my EUV and noticed it pulls a little to the left. Anyone else have this problem? Could it just be the new tires?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got my EUV and noticed it pulls a little to the left. Anyone else have this problem? Could it just be the new tires?
No issues here and new tires should not cause a pull. Have the dealer verify alignment.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sounds a lot like the Bolt link kit issue.
If the clunking is present at low speed on non perfect pavement, then it’s very likely to be it.

I had to do them twice since on my 50000 km Bolt EV.

I classify this as a Bolt weakness. Luckily, it’s very cheap to replace.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds a lot like the Bolt link kit issue.
If the clunking is present at low speed on non perfect pavement, then it’s very likely to be it.

I classify this as a Bolt weakness. Luckily, it’s very cheap to replace.
I am pretty sure that is what they said when I had it in. Parts are on order and under warranty so no issue to me.
Once the repair is done I'll post the exact cause and parts replaced...I didn't see any other comments on the forum so looks like I am alone on this issue as far as '22s are concerned.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine is covered via GM factory extended warranty 5yrs, 160KM bumper to bumper....they can do them as many times as they want provided they continue to give me a free wash and vacuum every time I bring it in!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Same car. No issues like that. But I'll keep a watch. Had lots of suspension issues with our 2017 Bolt Premier.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
505 Posts
My "old Bolt" - a 2017 Premier had lots of suspension issues. Replaced wheel hub assemblies a couple of times...both in and out of warranty. $$$. Suspension in 2022 EUV much better.
Sorry, by "old Bolt" I was meaning EV as old, EUV as new. Yes I DO like the 'new" 22 EV refresh but not a big fan of the EUV in general, to much of just another SUV for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts