Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
It's literally a turn of the wrist to try it and it could save you hours.
OK! I found the spots both sides - looks a little different to the previous pic but this is where is butts into the little cup on the body. Have backed both sides out about a turn and a half so we'll see what happens when I next drive it. Fingers crossed!

· Registered
62 Posts
OK! I found the spots both sides - looks a little different to the previous pic but this is where is butts into the little cup on the body. Have backed both sides out about a turn and a half so we'll see what happens when I next drive it. Fingers crossed!
You can also do this, take something like white lithium grease (or ****, cream cheese if you don't have anything else) and put just a little bit on the rubber stopper and then close the hatch. Open back up and see if the grease transfered to the contact point. Then also see if it got squeezed real good or just barely made contact.

If no contact, spin the stoppers out more and repeat.

If there's barely any contact give me it a quarter turn.

If there's a good squeeze pattern, you're set.

If the rubber and contact point look dry in the center, making a donut pattern, back off the stopper a quarter turn.

All the while making sure the hatch lines don't start to misalign.

I had to do this with the hood on my EUV also because that was way off after I did the bumper alignment fix.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts