Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2017 EV Bolt is one week old and as of today the center console between the two front seats is stuck closed. Is this suppose to happen? Is there a lock on the console that I unknowingly triggered to lock in the closed position? How can such a small thing be so annoying?! What to do other than call or visit the dealership?:eek:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Grab the top-front of the center armrest with both hands. Push it directly rearward towards the back seat. With the armrest pushed back as far as it will go, open the lid by depressing the plastic catch on the front of it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grab the top-front of the center armrest with both hands. Push it directly rearward towards the back seat. With the armrest pushed back as far as it will go, open the lid by depressing the plastic catch on the front of it.
Thanks, Is this a work-around or the way the designers intended?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Design. Allows driver to choose center armrest position. When brand new it seemed to require to much force to slide it. But after a few months it now slides easily one-handed.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Hey, just discovered that the center console armrest is adjustable. Can't find mention of it in the owners manual. Found this thread referencing it. Moving it forward does disable ones ability to open the storage until it is moved back. I put my weight on it getting into the car when it moved. I thought I broke it at first. Kind of freighting when it moved unexpectedly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts