Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there!

I’m working on developing an EV consultant business where I would help first time EV shoppers go electric. Since a lot of the EV life is very different and technical than traditional gas, I would consult individuals about electric cars.

Specifically, I would provide interested parties a detailed 20-30 page personalized EV report based on their specific situation. The report would discuss several topics such as charging at home, charging scenarios at frequented destinations, recommended EV, comparison to current and comparable new gas car, financial breakdowns, and much more.

While much of this information is available online, it takes hours if not days to comprehend and absorb. This is especially the case for first time shoppers who know very little about EVs. Furthermore, some individuals do not wish to do technical research themselves and would rather receive all the information in one place formatted to their specific situation.

Please see the survey link below. It only takes 5 minutes. I greatly appreciate any input!!!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I submitted the survey, but keep in mind we don't represent the consumer market at large considering we've self-selected to be on an EV forum.

The service isn't valuable to me because I enjoy research and loath paying others for something I'm capable of doing myself. That said, there's plenty of people who are the exact opposite.

Take a peek at the vehicle cost of ownership calculator linked in my signature. Feel free to use it or provide feedback.

There are scenarios where EVs aren't a good fit for people, and we need to be honest about that.

Oh, I suppose some people would be curious about pounds of CO2 comparisons too, so I don't know if you have that in your reports.

Good luck!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I also filled it out, but agree with redpoint - we are the wrong target audience for this. I have zero interest in paying for a report which most likely will not capture my unique situation. I like to analyze things, and understand them, and have been reading about EVs since the EV1 in the 1990s.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also filled it out, but agree with redpoint - we are the wrong target audience for this. I have zero interest in paying for a report which most likely will not capture my unique situation. I like to analyze things, and understand them, and have been reading about EVs since the EV1 in the 1990s.
I agree with you two that you are not exactly the target market, however, I was hoping to get feedback from current owners feel is critical information that first time EV owners need to know before buying. I am sending this survey to all different types of individuals and will carefully analyze the data based on each respondents bias.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

·
Registered
638 Posts
The biggest advantage of EVs to me is one that is often overlooked - convenience. When driven within their operating range (i.e. only charging at home), they are - by far - the most convenient cars I've ever owned. When driven outside of that range, it is possible but less convenient. But overall, it is still more convenient to own an EV than an ICEV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts