Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone can share how long it took for their rebate to arrive in Ontario from the time they email/snail mailed it to the GOV. Sounds like they receiving a lot of applications.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wondering if anyone can share how long it took for their rebate to arrive in Ontario from the time they email/snail mailed it to the GOV. Sounds like they receiving a lot of applications.
As of a couple weeks ago applications from Dec are being processed according to an email I received.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm pretty sure you do, but did you need to show proof of inspection and what not to claim the EVSE rebate (and installation)? do you have a plug in or hardwired model?

What happens if you purchase an EVSE plug in model, and already have a plug installed?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If they've just now started processing the December applications, does that mean those who apply this month will have to wait another half a year?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure you do, but did you need to show proof of inspection and what not to claim the EVSE rebate (and installation)? do you have a plug in or hardwired model?

What happens if you purchase an EVSE plug in model, and already have a plug installed?
If you purchased the nema 6-50 plug version the GOV will rebate 50% of charger only. They do not require proof of ESA inspection for an existing outlet and will still credit for evse only. That was also my concern so I had it confirmed in writing.

You must purchase from Canadian vendor from approved list shown on GOV website and provide proof of purchase.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you purchased the nema 6-50 plug version the GOV will rebate 50% of charger only. They do not require proof of ESA inspection for an existing outlet and will still credit for evse only. That was also my concern so I had it confirmed in writing.

You must purchase from Canadian vendor from approved list shown on GOV website and provide proof of purchase.
Ya, looks like the GE durastation (gen 1) doesn't qualify. Oh well. I guess I could have bought more charger for approximately the same amount. This is good to know for the future. I might buy one to install at my parents house.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Ya, looks like the GE durastation (gen 1) doesn't qualify. Oh well. I guess I could have bought more charger for approximately the same amount. This is good to know for the future. I might buy one to install at my parents house.
I went with evduty 40 out of Quebec. Cheap, simple and it just works. Personally I have no need for WiFi on evse. I just set time of use settings on bolt to insure lowest time per use rate and call it a day.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I emailed my application may 15th.. how long are we looking at now for the rebate to be refunded?? I only received an email saying they had received it. No updates as of yet from the government. (in ontario)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I emailed my application may 15th.. how long are we looking at now for the rebate to be refunded?? I only received an email saying they had received it. No updates as of yet from the government. (in ontario)
According to the update I received they are about 5-6 months behind. So Oct if your lucky.

·
Registered
979 Posts
My application w/supporting documentation for the Electric Vehicle Charging Incentive Program has been sitting in the Ont Ministry of Finance office in Oshawa for two months now.

I mailed hardcopy rather than email thinking the bureaucracy might process hardcopy quicker. (kept a.pdf copy myself).

A few days ago I emailed the Ministry at [email protected]. At least I got a response: Yep we’ve received it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I emailed the ministry yesterday regarding my application i sent in May. They told me they are just working on applications received in february and that it should "only be a few more weeks" ..... knowing the ontario government im not holding my breath on that one!!!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I had no idea that rebates might be tied to model and/or plug type. I have been told that here in the USA, the IRS EVSE tax credit is NOT in effect for 2017, but "may" be retroactively "reactivated" as the IRS did once before. My Siemens VersiCharge does all I ask of it and cost only $399, but does have the NEMA 6-50 plug for which I ran a dedicated line from my panel as instructed. Every penny saved counts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
did you contact the rebate program for the update or did they send you an update? I haven't received anything to even say they got my application!
I made contact by email after feeling enough time had passed. I still have not received my rebate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts