Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd thought I'd stop by and introduce myself since lurking on this board has been very helpful for me so far. I'm a long-distance commuter (80 miles one way) although I only commute 2-3 days a week 30 weeks out of the year. I'm looking forward to the Bolt to replace a 2002 Toyota Camry that is dying a long and increasingly expensive death.

We were this close to pulling the trigger on a Volt back in July/August, but decided that even it wouldn't be our main family car the backseat on the Volt was just too small for whichever kid would be straddling that middle seat. It looks like the Bolt will work fine as the kids will likely only be in it for small around town type drives. I'm hoping that the battery will hold out well given my climate (NoCal) and needs. Fortunately, there are charging stations at work if I need them.

My husband and I placed an order a few weeks ago with a target production of January. Looking forward to reading more reviews as the Bolts start shipping out...

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Welcome! Where in NorCal are you? I'm near San Francisco and have a 46 mile trip to work every day, every week.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch! That's a hard commute. I'm in the East Bay in the Berkeley/Albany area along 80. My commute is reverse traffic at least (going towards Sac). Glad to hear that there are other people planning to put some serious mileage on their Bolts. I'm thinking I do too many miles to lease.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome, I am also in the SF Bay area, but my commute is short compared to you. 26 Miles each way..but I am commute direction, so HOV lane access is huge.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Glad to see it. I am also a long haul commuter. (130miles round trip 5.5 days a week). I received my Bolt first week in January in Lincoln Nebraska. It's more then expected. Enjoy your Bolt when you get it!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Glad to see it. I am also a long haul commuter. (130miles round trip 5.5 days a week). I received my Bolt first week in January in Lincoln Nebraska. It's more then expected. Enjoy your Bolt when you get it!
I hate to make it sound like im trying to take away from this forum but it would be great if owners like yourself can start tracking your range on a site like Fuelly. Currently there doesn't seem to be any Bolt owners on the site.

Looking forward to your future reports :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate to make it sound like im trying to take away from this forum but it would be great if owners like yourself can start tracking your range on a site like Fuelly. Currently there doesn't seem to be any Bolt owners on the site.

Looking forward to your future reports :D
Just got the Bolt yesterday and I'm interested in tracking range, etc... I'll check out Fuelly. I'm new to the EV world so other suggestions are welcome. I don't start the commute until next week so right now my Bolt is sitting in the driveway.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
For very good reason : " Fuelly can't track electric vehicles "

(from http://docs.fuelly.com/faq-2$wontwork )

·
Registered
118 Posts
Range is certainty relative example:;)
I drive a 68 mile round trip using 52 mile of range based on the smart odometer.

My wife drives the same 68 mile round trip using 86 mile of range, she loves her air conditioning

My son drives the same 68 mile round trip using 78 mile of range, he doesn't use air conditioning, but has a lead foot.

That same 68 mile trip we each do over and over and the numbers don't vary much for each of us, but is substantial based on our unique driving patterns.

That is why I say range is relative

I hate to make it sound like im trying to take away from this forum but it would be great if owners like yourself can start tracking your range on a site like Fuelly...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts