Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! We just signed for a new Black Premiere, hoping delivery comes before the holiday! Also just found out I have an unlimited free charging station outside my front door across the street! Feeling pretty lucky right now. Coming out of a sports car here in California, so premium gas averaged $4, and now I'll have free charges.

Open to any advice and suggestions on correctly breaking her in, any meet-ups, and other newbie tips! I see many great threads here but feel overwhelmed by information on the EV life. Thanks in advance and looking forward to being a part of this community~

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Hi all! We just signed for a new Black Premiere, hoping delivery comes before the holiday! Also just found out I have an unlimited free charging station outside my front door across the street! Feeling pretty lucky right now. Coming out of a sports car here in California, so premium gas averaged $4, and now I'll have free charges.

Open to any advice and suggestions on correctly breaking her in, any meet-ups, and other newbie tips! I see many great threads here but feel overwhelmed by information on the EV life. Thanks in advance and looking forward to being a part of this community~
Welcome aboard. Enjoy your new Bolt when you get it. The waiting is the worse part of getting your Bolt. There's much to discover with the Bolt and some of us are still learning something every day.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Glad to have a new member on the forum.
I hope you're planning to get some sort of paint protection done as that should one of the first things you do after taking delivery.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrats CA....

No break-in required other than not standing on the brakes for the first couple of hundred miles.

If you're like many of us who eventually settle on driving in "L" and using the paddle for regen... you'll almost never use the brakes anyway ;)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
You lucky dog. Free charging right outside your door? I'm so jelly.

Reactions: CABoltBaby

·
Registered
15 Posts
The waiting is the worse part of getting your Bolt.
I'll say! I ordered mine ('cause I wanted Orange Burst Metallic, and all the options) the second week of December ('16) and they said it would be there in 4 to 6 weeks... I finally signed the papers March 17th. The longest 6 weeks ever!

I expect that you'll be incredibly satisfied with it when it arrives! Welcome to the club :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats CA....

No break-in required other than not standing on the brakes for the first couple of hundred miles.

If you're like many of us who eventually settle on driving in "L" and using the paddle for regen... you'll almost never use the brakes anyway ;)
Really, no worries using a full charge right away, or only using hill reserve, and/or topping off every day? I thought it might be more like a phone battery?! Excited to learn.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
For 95% of your driving, drive it just like any car, heat it as needed (just like any car), and charge it any way you want to. Hilltop reserve is used mostly to always have Regen there as you learn how to incorporate it more and more into your driving, and “possibly” to minimize battery degradation. When you get some miles/weeks under your belt, plan out a longer trip where you need to: a) leave with a full charge, b) stretch the range and, c) charge away from your usual spot(s), DCFC if possible. Welcome aboard. We look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good tips, thanks all. Took delivery yesterday and loving the "e" life. Took 50 kwh from the free ChargePoint across the street last night and tonight for a few hours (it's level 2, averaging 6.15 kwh) - I won't need to charge more than once a week with the little I drive, but look forward to planning my first "adventure"!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also a new Bolt owner

Not to steal any thunder from CABoltBaby, but I acquired my new Kinetic Blue Premier on 12/30, too. Yes, it's exciting. I would also like to hear any tips from the more experienced owners (that's pretty much all of them at this time).

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I would also like to hear any tips from the more experienced owners (that's pretty much all of them at this time).
I learned that I needed to buy a bucket and squeegee to keep in my garage to clean the windows because my Bolt never visits a gas station...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I, too, have a Kinetic Blue Premier, tagged "LCTRCBLU". She now has ~8000 miles. "Tips" come in 38 different flavors, but scan the Forum, learn how to search for past threads, and ask questions as they arise. I find that even after 7 months, I learn something new each day. Welcome aboard from a former Harford County, MD resident.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts