Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not knowing the future unknown costs of repairs and parts I purchased an extended warranty from GMEPP 0 deductible 84/56,000 for $1430. Usually when I purchase an extended warranty I go fo 70,000 but figure what I got is long enough as will use my other car for real long distance. Anyone else get an extended warranty.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Not knowing the future unknown costs of repairs and parts I purchased an extended warranty from GMEPP 0 deductible 84/56,000 for $1430. Usually when I purchase an extended warranty I go fo 70,000 but figure what I got is long enough as will use my other car for real long distance. Anyone else get an extended warranty.
Steve, run over to this thread: http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/55-2017-chevy-bolt-ev-pricing-dealers-orders-tracking/6458-anyone-get-extended-warranty.html

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The Bolt has an 8-year/100K mile powertrain warranty (motor, transmission, batteries) - the most expensive parts.

Your "extended warranty", will only cover (i.e., "gives you") the period between the end of the bumper-to-bumper warranty (3 years/36K miles) and the seven years/56K you paid for (i.e., 4 years and/or up to 20K miles additional). Was that really worth $1430 to you? I am sure that the dealer was very happy to sell it to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts