Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When parked on a slight incline, my Bolt would not go into R or D. A message on screen indicated it was unable to go into gear. I did get it into neutral ... rolled forward until there was no incline and eventually was able to get it into gear...any suggestions other that don't stop on an incline?

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
281 Posts
Sounds like a warranty issue to me... I park on an incline every day at home, and a few times at a friend's house with a pretty steep driveway.

·
Registered
150 Posts
When you park on a steep incline before you put the car into park put on the parking brake, then put it into park. Then when getting ready to leave put the car in gear first then take off the parking brake. That should take the strain off the transmission lock. Hopefully that should stop that from happening.

·
Registered
2021Bolt
178 Posts
Hello
HAd a simliar issue today. Car is only 3 weeks old, but has 2800 miles.
Could not put into rev or drive, just N and let it roll a bit. I had the check vehicle soon image on. Car with ! Mark thru it.

Also on incline

I do not see the std two engine lights. Normally have check eng and check eng soon. Indicating two levels of seriousness.

Turned car off and on a few times and was able to drive. But check eng light stayed for about 10miles after stopping.

No codes where tripped.

With the Volt this wAs sort of mormal. But I see no other threads on this.

Wondering if it’s worth the time to take to dealer. Prob not. Untill I saw this message on my phone a few hours later

Anybody get this text message on thier phone? On star found no codes. Will need to get my dongle out and check.

I thought it had to do with not being able to go into R or D. As my driveway is on a incline. I guess your supposed to always use parking brake lever. I got a check soon Icon. Car with ! Thru it.
But it went away. See other post. Then I see the message on battery?? 7 days? How about 7 months the way things look.

2021 only have had 3 weeks. Loaner, 3000 miles

I used my OB2MXLink and get the following codes. Not sure why ONstar did not:
P1E00--- ECM
P0D26................ HPC2 Hybridptctrl2 ($7E4)
P0C78................... Same " "

Here is a link to one code

And another here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts