Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is my real fear. Do all the cars have the threads in the chassis to accept the brackets? Likely they are, but I still don't know. The sales guy sent me this to try to assure me, but the answer is still not clear to me.
Yes the threaded brackets are there. I ordered the parts and added the false floor myself to my LT since mine came without it. The real PITA was having to cut out the pre-marked plastic circles to expose the mounts.
HTH

·
Super Moderator
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes the threaded brackets are there. I ordered the parts and added the false floor myself to my LT since mine came without it. The real PITA was having to cut out the pre-marked plastic circles to expose the mounts.
HTH
Yes they indeed are. Installed mine months ago now. Easy deal. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I routinely fill up the back of my Bolt with heavy boxes to be shipped out. Granted, boxes spread the load.

I would avoid attempting to bounce a bowling ball back there. :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I found a like new floor on ebay for 69xx bucks GM parts direct wanted 13xx and change each for the brackets, but 15xx for shipping.

I will stop by the parts department to order them at the local dealer why should I pay 15+ for shipping when they will ship to the dealer for free.

There is a price difference in the brackets for some odd reason light gray and dark gray have a price difference of a few bucks each.

Support, RIGHT Part Number: 42564938 support Left 42564935

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is this thread referencing the following part on the Bolt Accessories website?

"Cargo Liner with Integral Storage in Dark Galvanized Cool"
Part No. 42564933
MSRP $170.00

If so, the price includes the mounting brackets, bolts, and instructions for installation?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
V7i7c: "BTW, since the stuff in the back blocked my direct rear view, I found that the TV camera rear view mirror function which came with the Premier Edition really useful for the first time! I've had trouble adapting to that feature. "

I've found the rear-view camera to be problematic with my old eyes and subsequent use of bifocal lenses on my glasses. Since the camera view image is actually *in the plane of the rear-view screen*, I need to tilt my head waaaay back to focus on the relatively close-up image through my bifocal lenses. Looking at images through the regular mirror allows me to use my distance focus, through the top portions of my glasses. I probably won't be using the rear-view camera much at all, except for rare special circumstances of backing up.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Is this thread referencing the following part on the Bolt Accessories website?

"Cargo Liner with Integral Storage in Dark Galvanized Cool"
Part No. 42564933
MSRP $170.00

If so, the price includes the mounting brackets, bolts, and instructions for installation?
Yes

Not much to the instructions, just cut out the plastic circles covering the two bolt holes on each side, and screw-in the brackets using the provided bolts. I used a standard retractable utility razor knife to cut the plastic, it’s pretty thin plastic.

You can do better than $170 online, shop around.

·
Registered
206 Posts
There's a photo of some not-midget dude laying in the hatch on the false floor. It didn't break, so it can hold at least 150 pounds of man.

I have carried two 100 lb bags of stone on my false floor, although I do have a plastic tray (underbed storage) that helps a bit to distribute loads and keep the carpet clean.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I put all sorts of crap in the back and keep my back seat flat that way i don't' have to play with it if I need more room. I do need to stop trying to use this car like my old truck.

The only thing you need to watch is WHERE you put the weight. If on the back part it will flip up.

Other then that it holds a lot !

·
Registered
305 Posts
I used a screw driver and a hammer, I cut a circle around the cut out, then flipped it out it came out like a slug in an electrical box.

If you order the brackets from chevy at the dealer, don't order the bolts, the bolts come with the brackets.

Without using a garage account to order the brackets they cost me 40 dollars, if I used my friends account I could have saved money.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Another option for cutting out if your knife skills are lacking: I used a thin drill bit and recessed it into the drill chuck such that only 1/8" was sticking out. Then I just plunge the bit into the pre-marked circles all round the circle. The rest was just pushing the drywall knife between each drill hole to complete the cut between holes. End result was something like perforated paper. Leaves a good mess of plastic shavings due to the drilling, however, so protect/vacuum accordingly.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
A utility knife is easiest, just trace a circle with the blade and repeat two or three times until the blade goes all the way through the plastic. The plastic is very thin. Use a sharp blade, not the one you last changed last century.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I just leased a bolt LT and did not realize that it didn't come with the false floor. Do you think the dealership will mind if I cut out the holes for the bolts on a lease? Do you think they will notice?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just leased a bolt LT and did not realize that it didn't come with the false floor. Do you think the dealership will mind if I cut out the holes for the bolts on a lease? Do you think they will notice?
Unless you butcher the job, once the brackets are installed, it will look just like factory equipment. 99% probability nobody would ever notice the change. And if they did, why would they object? You added value to the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I'm gonna put in a plug for also getting the rubber cargo area mat to put on top of the false floor. The reason is that it protects the floor and it's also a great place to the tonneau cover underneath when you need more space in the cargo compartment.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts