Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
@ZZAAAPP please let me know on the coilovers on how comfortable they are for daily driving when you get them. I sent an email to Andy at EV-Mods but got no response back. Also what was the cost with the spring upgrade and where’d you get them from? Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I remember another board member installing them and reporting that they were not comfortable for him at all, even on the softest setting. Of course this is completely subjective, so I am also interested in the feel!

EV-Mods states on the website that they do not recommend this for daily driving.

Also, what is the benefit of the "Swift" spring upgrade?

·
Registered
16 Posts
That board member didn’t have the swift upgrade. The swift springs are not progressive springs from what I understand. They’re linear. So I’m hearing those are more comfortable. I’m leaning towards getting these.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That board member didn’t have the swift upgrade. The swift springs are not progressive springs from what I understand. They’re linear. So I’m hearing those are more comfortable. I’m leaning towards getting these.
huh, i would have thought progressive springs to be a bit softer unless doing harder cornering or rougher roads

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
@ZZAAAPP please let me know on the coilovers on how comfortable they are for daily driving when you get them. I sent an email to Andy at EV-Mods but got no response back. Also what was the cost with the spring upgrade and where’d you get them from? Thanks!
They were purchased from EV-Mods and the pricing is on their web site.

I have a higher tolerance than most for stiff suspensions as long as the high-speed damping valving is tuned properly. Tire type and pressure also makes a big difference since the tire is a big part of the suspension response. The Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is a nice riding tire so I expect the combination will be OK.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It is going to be awhile yet before I am able to report on this. The wheel and suspension orders are taking a long time so it will most likely be a couple of more weeks.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts