Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Nothing I'd really bat an eye at except for those folding mirrors... those I do want for sure as parking in mall parking lots can be horrendous and those can help quite a bit.
Are there pillars in the parking lot that pose a danger to the mirrors?

Just curious what power folding mirrors are used for. I've only once needed to fold a mirror in, and that was because I had run my Subaru up a mountain so steep that it had stalled out, and while backing down had gotten too close to a tree.

I see sometimes see trucks with extended trailer mirrors folded in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know the Opel part number for the Ampera-e's Upper Front Grille? I just ordered a Bolt - and REALLY want to make the grille swap.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Just curious what power folding mirrors are used for. I've only once needed to fold a mirror in, and that was because I had run my Subaru up a mountain so steep that it had stalled out, and while backing down had gotten too close to a tree.

I generally try to park far out and avoid other vehicles. When I have no other option, and since I always back in, when between other vehicles this makes your side mirrors vulnerable to the occupants of the other vehicles when they return/leave (assuming the other vehicles pulled in forward.) I have power folding mirrors on my Expedition (regular/non-towing type) and find it immensely useful to fold them out of everyone's way (including me). I once returned to my old Saturn to find the driver's side mirror dangling from the cable like an eyeball hanging out of the socket. I had assumed that someone had accidentally broken it off when walking past, but it very well could have been intentional vandalism. Either way, given how expensive these Bolt mirrors are likely to be (cameras and all), I for one would like the option to fold them away easily.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I can think of a few reasons why you want folding mirrors.
1) when parking on the side of the road. Even with folded mirrors other road users (bicyclists?) manage to damage my mirrors
2) small tunnels in the mountains. It happened to me that only folding the mirrors would make it possible to pass each other in small tunnels

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nothing I'd really bat an eye at except for those folding mirrors... those I do want for sure as parking in mall parking lots can be horrendous and those can help quite a bit.

Power folding mirrors are pretty standard in Europe since there are many roads that are so narrow you’ll clip mirrors with cars when others are parked on both sides of the road. Believe me when I say that it’s pretty nerve wracking for an American driving a manual car on the “wrong” side of the road in London where there’s so little space that you need to fold your mirrors in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Folks - I know I'm late to this thread, but I'll ask anyway:

Do you know if there are suspension tuning differences between the Ampera-e and the Bolt? I'm more familiar with VW products, and I believe that VW offers a more sporting suspension tuning for their European versions than they do for their North American versions. I'm wondering if GM perhaps did the same thing.

My goal is to tighten up the handling of the Bolt (which I otherwise find very enjoyable to drive).

Thanks!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts