Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Bolt Premium
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been lurking these forums over the past year and finally have a reason to introduce myself - I picked up my brand new '20 Premiere this past Saturday! I was originally trying to purchase one last year around this same time but wasn't having any luck with the dealers nearby and ultimately gave up my search. Flash forward to last week and I noticed a bunch sitting on one of the dealership lots right down the street from me. I checked their website and noticed some pretty steep discounts so I pursued it further. After a few emails back and forth, we were able to agree on a price and I bought it that day.

Why did I choose a Bolt? I've been wanting an electric car for the past few years, mostly for being able to break away from the gasoline fill-ups and oil changes. I would love to have a Tesla but can't bring myself to shell out the money for one. A Bolt IMO is the perfect compromise with it's econobox styling and peppy performance. And with the current incentives and discounts, it's an extremely attractive option compared to all the other EV's out there.

I've only put about 70 miles on the Bolt so far and I don't feel like I can offer a good enough opinion at this point but my initial thoughts and impressions are as follows:

I love how smooth the power delivery is
The L mode is the coolest thing ever - I've been using it since I picked up the car
I wish there was a tuning knob
The camera system is great, never had a car with 360 vision before
The Bose system surprised me with how good it sounds
LKA seems like an afterthought and I disabled it
I feel like I am sitting very high up when driving it

I plan to post a more in-depth review after I get some more seat time with it. Glad to finally get to join the club with you all :cool:

P.S. This is my other "EV" - a Stealth Bomber. I've had it for close to 6 years now and have racked up nearly 6k miles. It is an absolute hoot!

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
796 Posts
Welcome! I agree about the feeling of sitting pretty high. I was surprised at how much visibility I have in a subcompact, and it still handles pretty well for being so tall. The battery pack under the floor keeps the center of gravity pretty low.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Congrats! My experience with LKA is that it seems to be the most effective at reducing the amount of effort you have to put on the steering wheel to follow the road through corners, or at times when you're nearly on a line on the road. It also offers resistance to further deviating from the lane. I didn't like it at first but once I got used to it, it seems better than leaving it off.

·
Registered
20 Bolt LT
114 Posts
I started using LKA this week. It's not enough to keep you in a lane if you fall asleep or anything, but it does give just enough of a nudge to remind there is a turn and I should do something. I actually like how gentle it is. A similar feature on our Crosstrek is way too abrupt, to the point where we never use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts