Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The news is reporting a litre of regular is touching on/above C$1.50 (or roughly a converted US $4.10/gal) in the BC Lower Mainland, thanks in part to a maintenance shut down at a local refinery.

Shedding crocodile tears here. :crying:

:D

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Yeah, I saw 150.9 cents/litre at a Petro-Canada station last night - the first time I've seen it go above the $1.50 mark for quite some time. The highest I've seen here in Vancouver is 152.7 back in 2014.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Prices in California are also expected to go up in the coming months (by summer). Some predictions are as high as $4.50 USD a gallon. They are currently around $3.10 to $3.50 USD per gallon. The state raised the taxes by 12 cents a gallon last November, which was a motivating factor for me to buy my Bolt last December.

At 12 cents per kWh, I figure I'm paying somewhere between one half and one third as much to power my Bolt versus a typical ICE sedan.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Yep! It's the same old crap. Spring, Summer, and anything they can think of
to raise the price of gas. I laugh as I drive past the big $$$ per gallon displays.
I own a diesel and CA jacked that up .20 a gallon. I try to buy as much diesel
as I can in NV. I plan on moving there soon anyways. CA is going down the tubes.

In 2020 they're gonna start charging extra to all EV owners to register them.
I'm stuck for 2 years to keep my registration here, but as soon as that time expires,
it's adios >:) Insurance is cheaper in NV too :D

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
I saw 161.9/litre at a couple of stations the other night. It's backed off from that a bit now, but I have a feeling it'll go higher before the summer is out.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The news is reporting a litre of regular is touching on/above C$1.50 (or roughly a converted US $4.10/gal) in the BC Lower Mainland, thanks in part to a maintenance shut down at a local refinery.

Shedding crocodile tears here. :crying:

:D
The way life is... your battery recall probably just went out in the mail :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts