Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went through inputting some info for my taxes. Still have to gather more info. Nice to finally see the $3750 credit reduce my tax liability. :)

Anyone not finishing up their return by Jul 15 (Filing an extension to Oct 15)?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I filed our fed tax return electronically on April 30 using TurboTax. No problem entering the info for the credit.

Good news: I was able to take the whole $3750 credit which almost completely covered my tax liability for the year. In other words, I used all of the credit.

Bad news: I FINALLY saw my tax refund deposited in my bank account yesterday (July 13th). I was starting to really worry that the IRS would find some way to screw me out of the credit.

So it took 2.5 months for the IRS to process my return. Every time I checked using the official "WHERE IS MY TAX REFUND" tool, it kept saying "Return is being processed". Not very helpful.

No, I never tried calling them. I figured it would be a waste of my time.

On a separate note, the wife and I are STILL WAITING to get our first Economic Stimulus checks (or debit cards, or whatever). Our good old government sure likes to hang on to OUR money.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I could not get all of mine without making some corrective adjustments that Donald Trump and Amazon would equally be proud of. In the end, I got all $7500 but it took some careful tweaks. When you live in a state like mine that isn't bankrupt and not giving EV credits, you aren't going to walk away from one red cent of the $7500.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts