Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2019 BMW X2, 2020 Bolt
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Time to put in all those upgrades that you bought beforehand!
:D The wheels and tires went on as soon as I got home (to bring the snow tires) to the shop! Now patiently waiting for the black bow ties, and pedals..tuxmats are mostly in..just need to clip everything in.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The Black Cross' look great. Now get rid of the Dealership sticker on the hatch and it wil look a lot better.

·
Registered
2019 BMW X2, 2020 Bolt
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now get rid of the Dealership sticker on the hatch and it wil look a lot better.
Wow - good thing I waited until I was in a patient mood...that sticker is 35 individual decal letters (the capital Cs were connected), and the bow tie decal...recently clipped fingernails didn't help either, lol!

·
Registered
436 Posts
LOL!!!! I thought it would've been a clear background decal. You have much patience.

Reactions: Rosa's Keeper

·
Registered
836 Posts
Wow - good thing I waited until I was in a patient mood...that sticker is 35 individual decal letters (the capital Cs were connected), and the bow tie decal...recently clipped fingernails didn't help either, lol!
Same here! Good thing the dealer we bought from only has 3 letters in its name. BUT- for some reason they added the word “superstore” to the decal. It was one of the first things I did when we brought the Bolt home.

·
Registered
2019 BMW X2, 2020 Bolt
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL!!!! I thought it would've been a clear background decal. You have much patience.
That is what I was hoping for, but as I went for the first letter at the end, I saw the dreaded lack of the clear plastic surrounding the alphabet of a decal(s).

·
Registered
2019 BMW X2, 2020 Bolt
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Curious what's going on there?

And tell me more about those black wheels? :)
I installed these: Wellvisors for Chevy Bolt 2017-2018 Clip on Rain Wind Vent Visors Chrome Trim for sale online | eBay

The wheels are TSW Paddocks 17X8 et 40 and weigh in at 18 pounds. I'll weigh the set up when I take them off to paint the calipers, but it should be around 40 pounds, if the Falkens Azenis weigh 22 pounds like they're supposed to. The tires are 235/45/17...I know I'll probably lose a bunch of range, but the Bolt isn't going to be going on any road trips - at least any long road trips.

·
Registered
2019 BMW X2, 2020 Bolt
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Same here! Good thing the dealer we bought from only has 3 letters in its name. BUT- for some reason they added the word “superstore” to the decal. It was one of the first things I did when we brought the Bolt home.
Yes - it had to go while I was doing the first detail!

·
Registered
2019 BMW X2, 2020 Bolt
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First detail complete (exterior - interior later today). I'm an old school polish/seal/wax guy that tried ceramic coating for the first time. The polish/prep was familiar and easy, and the ceramic coat application is much easier than putting on a coat of sealant. Now if it lasts as long as it is supposed to and I can maintain it with washes and detail spray, I might be converted to this new coating thing..including a pic of the X2 because it was feeling neglected ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wheels look great. I'm interested to know if they mess with your blind spot indicators. My calculations say your setup sticks out 23mm more than OEM which is not trivial.

·
Registered
2019 BMW X2, 2020 Bolt
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow! Car looks great. The black wheels tone down the paint a bit and helps the overall appearance IMHO. What wheels?
Thanks, wheels are TSW paddocks, I think the more black accents I can give the oasis blue, the better. They haven't messed with the blind spot indicators yet, and I think they stick out 13mm - the tires are 20mm wider, but only 10 mm will be outside, while the other 10mm will be on the other side towards the suspension..hope that makes sense - I've messed up offsets and wheel width, and tire width conversions so many times..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts