Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Finally got it

8K views 55 replies 12 participants last post by  elasticmedia 
#1 ·
Oasis Blue with the summer wheels and tires on.

See less See more
#17 ·
First detail complete (exterior - interior later today). I'm an old school polish/seal/wax guy that tried ceramic coating for the first time. The polish/prep was familiar and easy, and the ceramic coat application is much easier than putting on a coat of sealant. Now if it lasts as long as it is supposed to and I can maintain it with washes and detail spray, I might be converted to this new coating thing..including a pic of the X2 because it was feeling neglected ;)

#20 ·
Thanks, wheels are TSW paddocks, I think the more black accents I can give the oasis blue, the better. They haven't messed with the blind spot indicators yet, and I think they stick out 13mm - the tires are 20mm wider, but only 10 mm will be outside, while the other 10mm will be on the other side towards the suspension..hope that makes sense - I've messed up offsets and wheel width, and tire width conversions so many times..

#23 ·
Those wheels are 38 mm wider than OEM.

On the offset -> Only posting because I am going thru the process right now to find winter wheels. So my calculations from www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator# suggest going from the OEM 6.5" and 44 ET to 8" and ET 40 nets a 23 mm extension from OEM. Also 15 mm less inner clearance. Total of 38 mm. I mean thats only 0.9 inch out further.

#24 ·
I thought the OEMs were 17X7 - nope your right 6.5.. They definitely poke out more than the stock wheel - but I like that look..I'm using the oems with the 1 year old winter tires from the civic as my winter wheels.
I weighed the summer set and it is 41 pounds - the stock wheels and Michelin x-ice tires weighed in at 47 pounds - those tires are supposed to weigh 22 pounds, so the stock wheels are around 24 - 25 pounds if anyone wanted to know.

#30 ·
#31 ·
Finally finished with the brakes, but of course the decals came right after I put the wheels back on...and I'm such a genius that I painted the back calipers black, and the decals are guess what? yup black! If anyone wants a pair of small black bowtie decals. let me know and I'll mail them out..because well,
black bowties on black paint = invisible bowtie!

#37 ·
Electrician is here converting the 120 back to 240 so the level 2 charger can go in...(now I regret taking it out after having it installed for the 1st gen Volt). It will be nice to not take an entire work week to charge the Bolt! :) In the two (almost) weeks of having the Bolt, it has only been fully charged once since picking it up...but the range almost makes that a mute point for driving around town.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.