Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new Bolt last week. It is a very interesting story to say the least. I will save that for another time. Lets just say that the car have been to California more than me. The car came with a front license plate bracket. We do not have front plates in Michigan. I cannot tell if the bracket is riveted or screwed to the front bumper. If it is screwed, the screw heads are most unusual. They look like a small triangle. Sorry no pic, I will work on that as I have the time. Anyone have any thoughts about removing it?

·
Registered
182 Posts
It will come off but it is riveted in. Will leave holes that can be plugged. I got lucky and had a little fender bender and that took most of the hit. It did crack the fake grill so got it replaced without plate mount. Looks so much better.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Always hated having the traditional plate mount system, car makers should really reconsider and create it in such a way that with the plate removed (and make it easily removable) that there`s no obvious markings of where the mount goes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
:DI'm a big personalized plate fan, and Virginia requires front and rear plates, so I'm good. Hopefully, you should only have several holes to plug. Lowes sells a variety of plastic plugs and then touch up paint. Easy, inexpensive fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts