Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems like the best news i had since our 2nd daughter Ha ha!

Finally i hear from my dealer that our baby "Bolt" is going to arriving in 2 weeks0:)

now, for a quick question in order to prepare well. I've just built my house and have some electrical issues with the electrician who has to fix up the panel and some breakers. I need him out from my house before i get a Chargepoint installed in my house. In the meanwhile, how can i charge my bolt? does it come with standard 110v plug in?

Please let me know friends

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What electrical issues are you having?
Tripping all over and reset is not happening. huge buzzing sound at the outdoor receptical when it rained and now it doesn't work. Also arc breakers are not right and needs to be replaced it seems. Over all he did a bad job at my house. So, ESSA have issue a block on his account till he fixes all this.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
^jeeze, sounds like the level of contractor found in upstate NY...

As my brother in-law told me "all you need up here is a pickup truck and a magnetic sign and you're an expert!"
The last "electrician" he had in actually mounted a simple light switch in the wall box upside down... flip the lever up the light goes out, flip it down the light goes on (and no, it wasn't a 3-way circuit!).

FWIW- my bro in-law had a major fire in that house about a month ago... it started in the bathroom electrical outlet according to the FD... no one was in the house at the time of the fire. Is it any wonder with the level of local contractor he has available?

OP- don't let that schmuck back in your house to fix the problems he created... get someone else to inspect everything he did and finish the job properly. Do you want to be worrying about your house wiring every night when you go to sleep?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you want to be worrying about your house wiring every night when you go to sleep?
You couldn't have put it better. its been nightmare since the discovery! I apparently have to wait and watch. however, i can bring a new contractor to finish the job. But he will have to pull a new permit. So i'm waiting right now. but the nightmares are not stopping in my case. i get worried with kids in the house:(

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
You couldn't have put it better. its been nightmare since the discovery! I apparently have to wait and watch. however, i can bring a new contractor to finish the job. But he will have to pull a new permit. So i'm waiting right now. but the nightmares are not stopping in my case. i get worried with kids in the house:(
Well, feel free to use my bro in-law's recent electrical fire incident as a prime example of what can happen when incompetent contractors work at your home.

About three years ago he had his back deck/porch enclosed so he could use it as an additional room in the winter. Well, the "carpenter" enclosed the porch alright... but never considered that the original footings were only designed to support the weight of a simple outside deck... not the full weight of sub-flooring, a roof, walls, etc... so now the whole enclosed porch area has sagged down over 1.5" and is literally breaking away from the house! None of the doors close, the windows and even sliding glass door between the original and new section have huge gaps and the sheetrock has fissures at door frame corners, etc...

Every time he gets something done up there it turns out to be a nightmare! Currently he's living in a trailer because of the fire and the local fire marshal already put him on notice that once he moves back in the house he will be visiting him once per week and checking his smoke and CO detectors weekly because this is his second house fire. His first house burned down completely about 10yrs ago due to a bad wood stove pipe connection inside the wall- yes... that was local "contractor" installed too!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright alright!!! my family is ready to brace the BOLT! We are going to pick it up tomorrow. super duper excited.

Does anyone know if weather tech makes mats for em?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts