Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not new here but thought my new ownership deserves a post. Been lurking here and other EV forums for 1.5 years. Finally bought a Nightfall Gray Bolt LT w/ DCFC this weekend. So far I love it but haven't really messed with it much due to it being so cold outside.

I haven't seen any Bolts in my area but I do believe there might've been one other sold by a local dealership which now has another in stock (but no DCFC, unfortunately). I finally found one in St. Louis with the combination of price and DCFC to bring home. Not a lot of EV's here and the closest DCFC is in St. Louis (outside of Tesla Superchargers).

Cold weather and 120V charging are my nemesis so far. I'll be working on my 240V charging tonight.

Joe

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Welcome aboard! You were an expert before you even bought. Your learning curve will be somewhat flatter than mine, but there is nothing like having the Bolt in front of you to learn the nuts and bolts!! Share your experiences and observations with the rest of us. {I pray nightly for SAE/CCS DCFC in WV, but, so far, these prayers are unanswered. :( } Tesla owners are happy as the # of WV Supercharger plugs increased by 25 in the past year!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, I did notice recently that there are no DC chargers in WV or KY. C’mon you guys - it all starts with 1 of them!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I hear you about the cold. There is a tiny tiny part of me that regrets my purchase due to this out of the blue cold weather here in NC. Its been barely over 25 degrees here all week and down into the low teens overnight which isn't normal for here except MAYBE a couple of days in early February. I only have 120v charging at the moment and the range has been horrible, like 140 miles on a full charge. I know they say to only use heated seats and wheel but when its this cold and i work at night i can't do it without the heat on. It just sucks because i bought the car on the 19th of December and it was 75 degrees out and i didn't need any climate control and i got well over 200 miles so its just an unfortunate unforeseen circumstance that it got unseasonably cold here the very next two weeks and torpedoed my range.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts