Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Finding Bolt in parking lots. Ball on antenna trick won't work with fin antenna. Ideas?

6K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Digi 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got new Bolt. Love it.
Minor quibble:
On our 2015 Subaru and our soon-to-be-sold-cheap Mitsubishi MiEV I always stuck a dayglow colored ping-pong ball on top of the vertical antenna.
Makes it much easier to spot the car in the parking lot even from long distance.

Thought briefly about drilling a 1/8th inch hole in the Bolt antenna, stick a 6 inch plastic rod in that, ball on top. Quickly put that on back burner as I'd have to have some really specific detail of what exactly is in that fin antenna and where to not F--k it up.:rolleyes:

:unsure:So anyone have any other ideas for a parking lot visibility flag? Or by some chance detailed knowledge of what's under the plastic casing of the antenna? Maybe I could go to Chevy Parts and convince the parts guy to let me look at a replacement antenna?

Alex

#15 ·
Yes, with coils and all, I used to have over 109" (no not CB) above the roof of a small Honda. You could see it a half mile out into the mall parking lot.
What aerodynamics???

#5 ·
1. Bolt sticks up higher than anything other than an SUV. Just look for the sharkfin that is the right color.
2. Try the Vehicle Locate in the Chevy App. It's pretty good, when it works, which seems to be pretty consistent.
3. Hold remote in air and press lock button and listen for beep. In my previous car there was a trick to put remote under your chin to increase range. Don't know if it works for the Bolt.
4. Use Chevy App to sound alarm and/or flash lights.
5. https://www.lumosity.com/en/

#10 ·
Can confirm, an unexpected perk.
Prob doesn't help the OP much though, sorry dude.

If you hit the alarm button once, it will chirp and flash (in a subdued manner). I will sometimes use this if I'm like, unsure if I'm on the right floor of a garage (don't ask). I also used the OnStar find car thing once when parked in a huge field, I think Hershey park? It worked well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.