Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I know that I will not be getting a Bolt before summer, but I am excited about the idea of taking a trip with my new Bolt. I have been trying to find a website that lists hotels with ev charging stations or at least ev friendly plugs. This would make trip planning so much easier. I have tried the popular travel sites, and they do not specify which hotels have ev charging. The only alternative is to use plugshare and try to locate a hotel out of the list of charging stations shown. This topic may have been already covered here, but I could not find anything doing a search of the forums.
Thanks.
Fred

·
Registered
13 Posts
Use PlugShare.com. They even have a trip planner. I also think the individual updates of the status of charging stations is helpful.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I tried plugshare, but there's no way to filter out what kind of business charger you're looking for. So it could include malls and such. But it is useful if you zoom in enough and look through the charging stations on your path to find the hotel ones. Just more time consuming.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I tried plugshare, but there's no way to filter out what kind of business charger you're looking for. So it could include malls and such. But it is useful if you zoom in enough and look through the charging stations on your path to find the hotel ones. Just more time consuming.
Use tesla.plugshare.com in a web browser and then click on the gear icon in the upper left corner to filter your search for J1772 and "hotels only". It doesn't work well on a smartphone browser but works fine on an iPad and probably also on a laptop/desktop.

For whatever reason, PlugShare has not updated their smartphone app to support hotel filtering.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot guys. At least I know that I am not the only one with this problem. I will try the tesla site.
Thanks again.
Fred

1 - 6 of 6 Posts