Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I know that I will not be getting a Bolt before summer, but I am excited about the idea of taking a trip with my new Bolt. I have been trying to find a website that lists hotels with ev charging stations or at least ev friendly plugs. This would make trip planning so much easier. I have tried the popular travel sites, and they do not specify which hotels have ev charging. The only alternative is to use plugshare and try to locate a hotel out of the list of charging stations shown. This topic may have been already covered here, but I could not find anything doing a search of the forums.
Thanks.
Fred

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I tried plugshare, but there's no way to filter out what kind of business charger you're looking for. So it could include malls and such. But it is useful if you zoom in enough and look through the charging stations on your path to find the hotel ones. Just more time consuming.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I tried plugshare, but there's no way to filter out what kind of business charger you're looking for. So it could include malls and such. But it is useful if you zoom in enough and look through the charging stations on your path to find the hotel ones. Just more time consuming.
Use tesla.plugshare.com in a web browser and then click on the gear icon in the upper left corner to filter your search for J1772 and "hotels only". It doesn't work well on a smartphone browser but works fine on an iPad and probably also on a laptop/desktop.

For whatever reason, PlugShare has not updated their smartphone app to support hotel filtering.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you seen the new BOLT EV, 2020? Plenty of space and ready to go on trips. I'm dreaming of it, next summer we are gonna buy it for having fun on Myrtle beach. There are resorts with charging stations. The past few years we were traveling with family but now I'm gonna take my girlfriend to discover Vereen memorial historical gardens and more than 20 Free Things to do in Myrtle Beach. I want to take pictures on the beach like in love story movies and propose to her. I'm such a romantic.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I use hotels.com. They have a check point in the amenities now for hotels that offer EV charging and go to map view. There is a tab on the right boundary of the map that allows you to de-select the hotels that don't meet your criteria. I used this to pre-book all of my hotels for my spring trip to Modesto come the latter half of May.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
This thread was revived from a discussion over 3 1/2 years ago. At that time, neither hotels.com nor plugshare allowed you to search for hotels. It's getting better as more hotels realize that EV charging can draw customers.

This summer I went on a ~1700 mile round-trip, including multiple hotels with L2 charging. I specifically chose the hotels because they had the chargers, and made sure to let the manager know that.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Plugshare isn't there yet. When I look at Schaumberg IL, and filter on "J1772" plug type, and filter on "Amenities: Logding", then I get four matches. Two are hotels, but one is a Whole Foods grocery store and one is an insurance office.

I gave Hotels.com a try, and it found four hotels in Schaumberg, which is good. However, I sometimes stay at a hotel which has Nema 5-15 receptacles available to EV drivers, and is listed in Plugshare, but that doesn't show up in Hotels.com's filter.

But I agree that these results are much more useful than even 12 months ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts