Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Woo hoo! Can't wait to see them driving around the area...

·
Registered
639 Posts
If any of you first 3 owners are out there, please feel free to post here. :D
This being one of the bigger communities online for the Bolt, there's a good chance we'll see them, but of course not everyone cares to be on social media, for all we know they might be lurking here and have been for a long time.

Hopefully they make themselves known and give us some feedback, that's what we can really use at this point.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Cool video attached in that article! It looks like Fremont has a lot of them on the lot. I'll have to price check them next month. Looks like they are serious about the Bolt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fremont Chevrolet just got a demo car in today and is available for test drives - i'm headed there after work :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
If any of you first 3 owners are out there, please feel free to post here. :D
I'm one of the three. I'm the one in the blue sweater who took delivery of the red Bolt this morning with dozens of members of the press on hand along with numerous other NorCal Chevy dealers and Chevy execs from Detroit. Lots of hoopla. It wasn't easy reading all the posts on this forum for the past ten days with knowledge about today's roll out, but I gave my word that I wouldn't disclose anything. Although I have only had the car for five hours, I can say that it is everything I thought it would be and more. And it is FAR better looking in real life than it looks in photos.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cool video attached in that article! It looks like Fremont has a lot of them on the lot. I'll have to price check them next month. Looks like they are serious about the Bolt.
The vast majority of the 25 Bolts Fremont Chevrolet got in will be going to other dealers as demos. Fremont will be keeping one as a demo and three of the 25 were sold. (I was lucky enough to bag the red one!) ?

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
The vast majority of the 25 Bolts Fremont Chevrolet got in will be going to other dealers as demos. Fremont will be keeping one as a demo and three of the 25 were sold. (I was lucky enough to bag the red one!) ?
Awesome! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm one of the three. I'm the one in the blue sweater who took delivery of the red Bolt this morning with dozens of members of the press on hand along with numerous other NorCal Chevy dealers and Chevy execs from Detroit. Lots of hoopla. It wasn't easy reading all the posts on this forum for the past ten days with knowledge about today's roll out, but I gave my word that I wouldn't disclose anything. Although I have only had the car for five hours, I can say that it is everything I thought it would be and more. And it is FAR better looking in real life than it looks in photos.
let us judge the appearance for ourselves!!! (AKA where are the PIX!!)

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome! Be sure to post your impressions after you enjoy riding around in your Bolt for a while.

I'm striving to become the first East coast owner. :)

Btw, did you qualify for any incentives? Any discounts?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Awesome! Be sure to post your impressions after you enjoy riding around in your Bolt for a while.

I'm striving to become the first East coast owner. :)

Btw, did you qualify for any incentives? Any discounts?
Only the $7500 Federal tax credit and the $2500 California rebate applies right now; don't know about other states' rebates when the cars start showing up elsewhere. The Bolt is excluded from the Costco pricing at this time. When Costco will add it is unknown according to the Costco Auto Program employee I spoke with on the phone three days ago. Chevy has generated so much interest in the Bolt that I doubt there will be any incentives or discount pricing anytime soon since every car that comes off the assembly line will be eagerly gobbled up. And remember, GM plans to go nationwide with sales in mid-2017. If the rumor that GM is losing money on every Bolt sold is true, they would be crazy to offer incentives on a car that doesn't need them. Also remember that a number of Bolts will reportedly be used by Lyft drivers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congratulations Bilmat,
I think the red looked the best in the photo.
It is a real shame that GM will not build the Bolt in RHD as I know they would sell well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congrats, Bilmat! Drive it in good health.

Were your HOV stickers waiting for you at the dealership?
Not sure how this is possible, i checked the state website. it says you must have the car registered and the actual plates received before you can apply for the stickers?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure how this is possible, i checked the state website. it says you must have the car registered and the actual plates received before you can apply for the stickers?
A dealer who cares about their customers can pre-order stickers based on the VIN, unlike purchasers who must wait for the plate. It will still take a number of weeks - so it's rare to have the stickers actually delivered with the car itself -- but it can shave a full month or two off the normal process.

Capitol Chevy pre-ordered my stickers the moment the VIN was created, around Dec 2 or so. I'm hoping this means I'll get mine before January is out. Compare that to when I bought my last EV -- it was 12 weeks between when i took it home and my stickers arrived in the mail.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts