Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

First Bolt Police Car?

9K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  GJETSON 
#1 · (Edited)
The first Chevrolet Bolt Police Car in the U.S.?
Check GreenCarReports.com for the story.
(Sorry, I was not allowed to post the direct link.)

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
I wonder if this is the same police department as here (scroll to the Highlights)

(I had to remove the web link to the Poolesville Green Event, as this site won't allow me to post urls yet. See post above from Dimitrij for the link.)

Yes it is the same department. (Mine to be exact.) Those pictures on the Poolesville website were "photoshop mock ups" from a few months before we actually received the car, but the pictures in the GreenCarReports(dot)com article are the real car, sans the rooftop light bar, siren, 2-way radios, etc., as it is not completed yet. We are hoping (fingers crossed) that it will be completed by the date of the Poolesville Green Event, but if not, it will still be in the parade and on display afterword with at least its exterior markings.

We will also have our new Zero Electric Police Motorcycle in the parade and on display.

Sgt. Rich Hartnett

#14 ·
Had a fast food lunch today at a table next to 4 water company employees. They do residential service calls and put 50-100 miles/day (virtually never >100) on their company vehicles. They drive to work, THEN use the company vehicle. Told them I drove my Bolt BEV for 25% (probably less) of the operational costs of their ICE vehicles. The Company could put in 10 Level 2 plugs and workers could plug in every night and leave in the am with 250 miles "in the tank".

I expect MANY service industries (gas company, electric company, telephone company, water company, cable service company, etc) will sequentially "convert the fleet". Can we imagine a BEV ambulance?

#18 ·
Reactions: Dimitrij
#23 · (Edited)
I wonder why they couldn't mount the radio mics somewhere out of the way of your right leg. Must be uncomfortable to always hit them with your leg. Heck, I'm used man-spreading into that open area between the HVAC controls and the cup holders.

I'm not much of a tweaker fan, but those LEDs in the engine compartment look pretty cool. If any car deserved an underbody light kit, it's the Bolt EV. Maybe one that gradually ramps up in intensity based on speed.

#24 ·
I just got back from Shenzhen, China. ALL of the police cars are electric. It's the same model as the electric taxis. About half of the taxis are electric, and about half the cars on the road are taxis: this means about one-quarter of all of the cars on the road are electric. Additionally: ALL of the buses are electric. They are so far ahead of the USA it isn't even funny. But they have to import all of their oil, and there are no fat cat oil companies trying to prevent the development of alternate energy sources or electric vehicles. The US Congress needs to get their act together on the future of energy and transportation in this country.

#25 ·
Shenzhen I thought was a tech hub akin to our Silicon Valley. Is that right? That would make sense why there was so much more EV there.

Still, China is dominating in rate of adoption and soon will have USA in it's rear view mirror.

#26 ·
I saw that Bargersville, IN reports today that they are the first Police Dept to use the Tesla Model 3 as a front line patrol squad. One in operation now and more on order. I've seen other model Tesla's as squads, but wasn't thinking the Model 3 was going to be one anytime soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.