Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

My name is Mike and I just got a 2017 Bolt Premier in Nightfall Grey Metallic.

I'm excited to take part of the future of transportation while taking one less fossil fuel vehicle off the roads. I also had solar installed on my roof so my fantasy of the sun charging my car, a satisfying reality.

I'm pleased to be getting 5.3 miles per kWh after my first full charge, so I'm set up to get over 300 miles! So awesome!

I'm glad to be a part of this forum and excited to learn more about The Bolt.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hi Mike and welcome.

What area of the country are you in, what were you driving pre-Bolt, and what made you decide on the Bolt vs. the other EV's available and soon to be available?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The 5.3 mi/kWh suggests a flat area with warm November. FL?
Early on, I showed mi/kWh in the 5 range also. Now it reflects longer term use and is around 4. How far back does the "average" go? 50 miles? More? Less? It does not reset automatically with a full charge, nor when you reset your trip odometer or your "Efficiency History" screen. Do we all get high mi/kWh for the first few hundred miles regardless of terrain and temperature?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Early on, I showed mi/kWh in the 5 range also. Now it reflects longer term use and is around 4. How far back does the "average" go? 50 miles? More? Less? It does not reset automatically with a full charge, nor when you reset your trip odometer or your "Efficiency History" screen. Do we all get high mi/kWh for the first few hundred miles regardless of terrain and temperature?
If you click on my Fuelly banner, it should take you to kEVin's page, where you can take a look at the mi/kWh history from day one (I didn't record each individual juice-up until June).

I am sure that with cold weather and rain and snow the mi/kWh will drop like a brick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts