Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Definitely maybe !
But this one below, is one who has not one, not two, but 3 EV and he lives in Montana 馃槂 (one Model S, one M3 and a Bolt EV). He has a very informative and no biased channel for those who are interested.

The last time I ran this statistic, there was 92 Chevy Bolt's registered in Montana:

Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hate to do it to you, but I live in MT and drive a Bolt. I am actually about to do a trade repurchase (supposedly) for my third Bolt, this time an EUV. My first Bolt, Chevy bought back from me due to the recall.

Depending on where you live, charging and range isn't nearly as bad in this state as everyone makes it out to be. Welcome and enjoy
I鈥檓 happy to hear of another bolt owner in MT! Im glad to hear that range isn鈥檛 much of an issue. So you haven鈥檛 noticed a significant decrease in range in the winter? I drive to work which is about 60 miles from home. I don鈥檛 have a place to charge there so I was worried I might not have enough range in the dead of winter.

Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My commute is around 80 miles rounds trip. I haven鈥檛 ever come close to having a range problem. I just bought snow tires for next year, so I am not sure how that will affect range yet. On the coldest days if you charge to 100% and preheat at home I don鈥檛 think you will have an issue. Most of the year, hill top reserve should be plenty.
One time I forgot to charge my car over night. I asked my employer, and they were fine with me plugging into a 120v outlet, just not as a daily practice. Maybe you could do that when we get really cold and snowy if you think it鈥檚 a problem?
thanks for sharing your experience. I鈥檒l need to talk to my employer and see if they have an outlet nearby that I can use to keep the battery warm during the winters. Snow tires are another purchase I need to make. I was hoping I鈥檇 find a set of wheels for sale on the forum here that would be nearby MT and make them the winter wheels. Otherwise I may just get a set of steelies and have them ready once weather starts to show. I have driven it to work and back in 30 degree weather just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts