Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

First Service at 15k

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  discodanman45 
#1 ·
Tomorrow I have first service visit to Chevy. Issues to be addressed.
Replace windshield. 2 large cracks.
Slow leak in tire. Have nail in tire and self seal didn't work well. Need to add air every 4-5 days. Should I replace or see if they can repair?
From reading thru forum I see a couple of updates needed. I will see if I can get them done. I have had no issues at all with the car and absolutely love it. Drove my daughter's ICE the other day and felt like I had been sent back in time!

#5 ·
Thanks. Seen that before also. Local tire shop did first rotation at 7500 and didn't reteach TPMS. So not so sure they can fix. Tires maybe the missing maintenance item for dealers. At 7500k was told tires were getting worn.

#12 · (Edited)
At 7500k was told tires were getting worn.
That's alarming to me. Michelin has a 65,000 mile warranty on these tires, so if you're being told that at 7,500 miles they are getting worn, I'd be reviewing the warranty card and getting prepared for that. I say that as a new owner who will average ~3,000 miles a month commuting to and from work. Let us know what happens when you feel you have to replace, whether out of your own pocket or via warranty. I pulled this from Tire Rack's page on this tire: 6 Years / 65,000 Miles (S- T- & H-Speed Rated) 6 Years / 55,000 Miles (V-Speed Rated) Half mileage for rear if different size than front

#6 ·
Goodness. Did you replace it yourself (via glass shop) or did your dealer do it under the B2B warranty? I ask because I think my windshield is still pitted and after trying to clean it per the dealer's instructions, I still see pits (small, 1-2mm long hair-thin lines all over the place with no obvious swirling pattern).

I also think I found a mirror issue where near the edge of the mirror it looks like the reflective part has been damaged (back side of the mirror, not surface damage).

I plan on taking my Bolt in to address these issues and your post gave me hope I can resolve the windshield pitting/scratches.

#7 ·
1. Get a plug put in tire
2. Take picture of windshield and send to insurance co, see if it's covered "comprehensive" style. (whats your deductible). If no coverage, and if you're still driving in "war zone" (flying debris from weather-broken roads, flying objects from dump trucks, etc) keep driving until better weather arrives.
3. Tires - rotation. Many Chevy dealers have tire wear analysis equipment. Ask for that in order to assess how your's is doing.

#9 ·
3. Tires - rotation. Many Chevy dealers have tire wear analysis equipment. Ask for that in order to assess how your's is doing.
What’s tire wear analysis equipment? I use a simple tire wear gauge when I rotate my tires to check tread depth. Is there a different tool the dealer uses?

Tread depth tool is pretty simple, easy to use, and costs less than $5 at any auto parts store. Of course, if tire wear is uneven it doesn’t tell you why, maybe that’s what the dealership tool does.

#8 ·
Update Tire could not be repaired. To close to sidewall. Had to wait for new one. Windshield a day late getting done now. Was told 3 updates complete. I will share when I get car back. 9am appointment yesterday and should have back by 5 pm today.

#15 ·
Tires worn at 7500 miles either means something is wrong with alignment, defect in tires, or a tire shop trying to rip you off and trying to sell you new tires. My tires have 28,000 miles on them and they barely look worn. I rotate tires about every 6000 miles, so I am getting ready for tire rotation number 5. The way my tires look I will get above the rated 65,000 miles on them. However, my wife likes to run over things and hit curbs with the tires. I hardly ever see 30,000 miles on tires because my wife is the best costumer of our local tire shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.