Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got first service done at 12k km after just 4 months of ownership
No error codes just wheels rotation... complementary car wash...

Sad dealer rep face when he's was charging me just 35$ (CAD) was priceless.... >:)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
After my two first free tire rotations at the Chevy Dealership, all my maintenance will be done at tire shops or by myself. Many tire shops will rotate tires for free if you bought tires from them in the past. Plus they have much quicker turnaround then the long waits at the dealership. The cabin filter is another maintenance item that should never be done at a dealership, you can do it within 5 minutes and the filters should be under $20. If you do maintenance at other places just keep records and receipts. The problem with EV's is that they will probably charge you the same as an ICE vehicle for inspections when there is much less for them to do. Just check fluid levels and maybe take pictures every so often. My dealership will hopefully never see my car again. The only time is when something that is under warranty fails, but my 36,000 miles will be done probably by the end of next year.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Gotta love getting the Bolt serviced. It may be extremely tedious, but well worth it to keep maintenance up to date ;) ;)

They definitely can't be happy with the lack of servicing it needs haha.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Maybe they should replace the ubiquitous "injector cleaning" and "cooling system flush" offers with a "detailing service" and or "body compound and wax" service?

Give the body shop guys some Bolt love >:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts